531.5 KB · Views: 144
  • SDC12354.JPG
    SDC12354.JPG
    518.4 KB · Views: 161
  • SDC12355.JPG
    SDC12355.JPG
    539.6 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
It's Paleo JMO and I may be wrong but it looks like a Beaver lake.Beaver%20lakekk1.jpg Super find in any ones book:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:We are going to have to change your name to The Rock Slayer.

Yeah that's Paleo I'm guessing a paleo lance! Awesome find!

Could of gave a better story but had to do a home repair real quick.
I will give it now.
I was walking a dried creek bed from all the rain we had last week the creek flooded over the banks and in a trench there it was just waiting on me. Almost passed it by due to it was laying in a bush shadow. Dont know if everyone looks for the current flows on the higher ground when a creek floods but I sure do.

Very nice find! Continued good luck to you!

It sure has that look. Beautiful find and great color.

Nice find .... Deff looks Paleo congrats I'm still searching for my first

Thanks this is my 1st whole one. I have found some broken ones.

Awesome save Rock Congrats! It Looks paleo for sure.

Wow that's a nice one Rock Slayer ! :)

I love the colors...dream find for me, for sure...

Nice one Rock. Sure looks old with that ovoid shape. Here is a sad looking beaver lake found upstream from you for reference. Yours is in much better shape.

IMG_4966.JPG

Congratulations on a hummdinger of a find! :icon_thumright:

Wow on all of the nice ones posted this week for sure. Been some real killers.
I am just so proud of finally finding a Paleo especially in the area it was found. I have been going there for 2 years now on and off and finally finding an old one was really special for me. Now I have 3 killers for this year and its going to be real hard for me to pick a favorite for the year 2017. So I guess Im going with Beaver Lake then on it. I knew it was an odd shape a lot different than any other I have ever found. rock

Wow on all of the nice ones posted this week for sure. Been some real killers.
I am just so proud of finally finding a Paleo especially in the area it was found. I have been going there for 2 years now on and off and finally finding an old one was really special for me. Now I have 3 killers for this year and its going to be real hard for me to pick a favorite for the year 2017. So I guess Im going with Beaver Lake then on it. I knew it was an odd shape a lot different than any other I have ever found. rock

I can see your dilemma in picking a favorite but a good problem to have ..... And who knows maybe your best is yet to come

Rock - nice find and a good start to the year. Glad to see you finding some keepers. I think it's certainly possible that it's a paleo or transitional piece but I don't think it's a Beaver Lake. Unfortunately I don't have anything smart to offer other than calling it a late paleo lance. Regardless, nice one - surely you put in the hours to 'earn' a point like that.

Rock - nice find and a good start to the year. Glad to see you finding some keepers. I think it's certainly possible that it's a paleo or transitional piece but I don't think it's a Beaver Lake. Unfortunately I don't have anything smart to offer other than calling it a late paleo lance. Regardless, nice one - surely you put in the hours to 'earn' a point like that.

I did see the "Lance" in one of my books but also at the bottom on the stem there are some ancient areas that look like it use to have ears. It is very hard to see with the color it is. But I do agree on the time frame of Late Paleo but could be a Lance. Thanks for stopping by

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back