Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Minelab haven’t come to the show. So what? They’ve bought the booth and can dispose of it as they want. But…

Here, at the exhibition, some incredible stories are told of Minelab! The manufacturer is said to be not willing to meet with sellers and treasure hunters (I can’t believe it!).

Rumour has it that Minelab spent five million dollars on their Go-Find detectors. But hunters haven’t accepted this machine. And right now, the manufacturer is trying to find a way out of this problem."

Maybe this is the reason why Minelab’s office in Europe was closed? And the Minelab GPZ 7000 price slump is also attributed to it?

WHAT?S GOING ON WITH MINELAB?! | MD-Hunter Blog

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering too - Their Chicago repair center is no more, and they work out of Kelly-Co in Florida? Strange happenings...........

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I just read the blog on the posted link. Unfortunately I have to agree with everything said there.

They should have subbed out to Hasbro for the Go Find series.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Minelab haven’t come to the show. So what? They’ve bought the booth and can dispose of it as they want. But…

Here, at the exhibition, some incredible stories are told of Minelab! The manufacturer is said to be not willing to meet with sellers and treasure hunters (I can’t believe it!).

Rumour has it that Minelab spent five million dollars on their Go-Find detectors. But hunters haven’t accepted this machine. And right now, the manufacturer is trying to find a way out of this problem."

Maybe this is the reason why Minelab’s office in Europe was closed? And the Minelab GPZ 7000 price slump is also attributed to it?

Very poorly written blog. Don't know why Minelab didn't show in Germany for the trade show, could easily have been a scheduling issue. The Go-Find had nothing do with European offices. Minelab consolidated some of their offices, corporations do that all the time.

I was wondering too - Their Chicago repair center is no more, and they work out of Kelly-Co in Florida? Strange happenings...........

The Minelab repair center at Kellyco has been operating since mid 2012 as Minelab's 2nd authorized repair center in US, when the repair techs in Chicago retired the Florida repair center became their primary repair center, nothing strange about that at all.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that Kellyco doesn't repair the gold detectors however. The last info I got said that these have to go to

Minelab ASC West

4960 S Gilbert Rd suite 1-134
Chandler, AZ. 85249

When I looked it up on Google street view, it turned out to be a UPS Store???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that Kellyco doesn't repair the gold detectors however. The last info I got said that these have to go to

Minelab ASC West

4960 S Gilbert Rd suite 1-134
Chandler, AZ. 85249

When I looked it up on Google street view, it turned out to be a UPS Store???

You are correct, all Gold detectors are repaired in Chandler, that is only the detectors they repair there and they do not do anywhere the volume done in Florida, all others are repaired in Florida. Gold detectors go there because we do not have hot ground in Florida for testing.

Not sure what happen on your google map search, they are located in a large business plaza....

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very poorly written blog. Don't know why Minelab didn't show in Germany for the trade show, could easily have been a scheduling issue. The Go-Find had nothing do with European offices. Minelab consolidated some of their offices, corporations do that all the time.

Not everyone is an English major. Lets not discourage people from voicing their opinions or observations.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everyone is an English major. Lets not discourage people from voicing their opinions or observations.

It is a blog, not a member here..... It is written with no knowledge of what is going on at Minelab, doesn't mention they even reached out to Minelab, just pure speculation and unsubstantiated rumors......

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About the Chandler AZ thing. The address is a UPS store - I called them and they confirmed that Minelab has a box there.

A guy named Brian does the repairs - apparently at his residence. His phone number rings to a recording saying "Minelab West Repair Center".

Will Kellyco still work on the older SD series that Minelab no longer supports - in cases where parts are available?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a blog, not a member here..... It is written with no knowledge of what is going on at Minelab, doesn't mention they even reached out to Minelab, just pure speculation and unsubstantiated rumors......

Oops. I didn't realize the OP was quoting from a blog. I see the link now.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They should of used the 5 Million on a new EXCAL with FBS then a Go-FIND.

Why would one ever want to go to FBS over BBS? BBS is what makes the Excal/Sovereign perform so well on gold.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My CTX hits real well on gold and even small gold but I know you excal users don't want to hear that LOL.
And to be honest I never got this so called great depth from any of my BBS Machines I had over the years.

Why would one ever want to go to FBS over BBS? BBS is what makes the Excal/Sovereign perform so well on gold.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About the Chandler AZ thing. The address is a UPS store - I called them and they confirmed that Minelab has a box there.

A guy named Brian does the repairs - apparently at his residence. His phone number rings to a recording saying "Minelab West Repair Center".

Will Kellyco still work on the older SD series that Minelab no longer supports - in cases where parts are available?

Since Minelab doesn't support them there are no parts for them, Kellyco has no parts at all for any of Minelab's gold detectors since they don't work on them....

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My CTX hits real well on gold and even small gold but I know you excal users don't want to hear that LOL.
And to be honest I never got this so called great depth from any of my BBS Machines I had over the years.
I hear ya, my CTX does very well on gold. But it's no Sovereign I'll tell ya that much.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 3 sovs and 2 excals and I never got great depth with them max usually 6 inches where I hunt. My Explorer was the deepest on a dime at 7 inches once.
Maybe it is just the areas I hunt.
I hear ya, my CTX does very well on gold. But it's no Sovereign I'll tell ya that much.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 3 sovs and 2 excals and I never got great depth with them max usually 6 inches where I hunt. My Explorer was the deepest on a dime at 7 inches once.
Maybe it is just the areas I hunt.
I've had 2 Sov GTs, still have one and 3 Excals, still own 2 and all got over 12 inches in Fl, my Excals now routinely get 15-20+" at beaches, both Excals have 15" coils and reverse pp mods...

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
MineLab - GP3000, GPX4500, GPX5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Read the Story "First Hand" instead of what rumors some people like spreading around.

Link:: Minelab Global Office Changes

once on the page you can download minelab pdf document from link at top of page

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On this one I can say don't believe it. The North American Minelab rep is here with us all week at the Diggin' in Virginia hunt... She is here helping customers with their issues and learning more about the finds.... And she is out swinging a detector with us as much as she can too. :)

The blog referenced appears to largely be a figment of someone's imagination.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this one I can say don't believe it. The North American Minelab rep is here with us all week at the Diggin' in Virginia hunt... She is here helping customers with their issues and learning more about the finds.... And she is out swinging a detector with us as much as she can too. :)

The blog referenced appears to largely be a figment of someone's imagination.
Minelab reps show up at many events, I have met several of them including Gary, the head of Minelab Americas...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread