What's new

Whats It?

Deftone

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
830
Reaction score
1,173
Golden Thread
0
Location
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Got out for a bit today to an early 1900's dugout site and came up with this thingy. Reminds me of something from suspenders or overalls but it isnt that strong. The front says BALL BEARING and the back PAT APPL'D FOR. It still rotates side to side. Has me doing the ol :icon_scratch: thing all evening. Just curious as to some thoughts and ideas. Thx for lookin.
 

Attachments

  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 836
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 829
Is that a pulley wheel or just a simple wheel?
If it is a pulley I suggest it might be off a roller blind.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
oh yeah so looks like a thin a$$ pully... Must be crap or I just got cooties.
 
Upvote 0
;D They're ALL TREASURES :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
There's crap like in dog turd and then there is crappe' like the wonderful treasures we find. :laughing9: Looks like a wheel that would be on the bottom of a patio door screen. The little bent thing could be the guide that kept it on track. :dontknow: Monty
 
Upvote 0
I think it attaches to this................
 

Attachments

  • dial1.webp
    dial1.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 597
Upvote 0
Thats what I was afraid of!! Nooooo!! ::)
 
Upvote 0
I see a few names on this, can you tell us what they are
Blow up the imprints
Brady
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
I see a few names on this, can you tell us what they are
Blow up the imprints
Brady
The front says BALL BEARING and the back PAT APPL'D FOR.
 
Upvote 0
I think its a hanger of sorts
top looks like it clips to a flat surface maybe cloth
the bottom loop allows for a hook, as in coat hanger, and allows the for swing motion
stamping looks like ball bearing
brady
 
Upvote 0
Could we see a side view of this?

Is the wheel a pulley?

Is the part that says bearing a clip?

Are there ball bearings in the wheel?

Could you carefully bend the bottom part back so we can see what it looked like? It looks twisted, like it was bent under.
 
Upvote 0
part of a fancy garter for men?

open end strapped above the knee,

clasp attached to stocking or sock

and swivel right at or beside the knee?
 
Upvote 0
I took a few more pics. The wheel and the bent up thingy would have moved freely from each other. Can't bend it anymore on the verge of breaking. But it does bend easy. I had the same thoughts dozer.
Used a small paper clip to prop it up. And a tab on the other.
 

Attachments

  • 100.webp
    100.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 473
  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 473
Upvote 0
My WAG...
A pulley wheel from an old split bamboo horizontal blind. 40's to the 60's.

Scott
 
Upvote 0
Deftone said:
I took a few more pics. The wheel and the bent up thingy would have moved freely from each other. Can't bend it anymore on the verge of breaking. But it does bend easy. I had the same thoughts dozer.
Used a small paper clip to prop it up. And a tab on the other.
Hard to tell from the pic but its NOT a pulley, is it? It looks like just a sheet metal flat wheel. Does it have ball bearings?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom