What's new

Whats It?

Deftone

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
830
Reaction score
1,173
Golden Thread
0
Location
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Got out for a bit today to an early 1900's dugout site and came up with this thingy. Reminds me of something from suspenders or overalls but it isnt that strong. The front says BALL BEARING and the back PAT APPL'D FOR. It still rotates side to side. Has me doing the ol :icon_scratch: thing all evening. Just curious as to some thoughts and ideas. Thx for lookin.
 

Attachments

  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 836
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 829
Thx BCH! :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
dozer dan said:
part of a fancy garter for men?

open end strapped above the knee,

clasp attached to stocking or sock

and swivel right at or beside the knee?


kinda quick with the self atta boys aren't we?
 

Attachments

  • President_Suspenders_-1906A.webp
    President_Suspenders_-1906A.webp
    153.4 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
Looking back on it, dozer dan actually first guessed garter and desrves some credit.. :icon_thumright:

I was typing before you posted but the phone rang. Big assist to dozer dan. You should have taken the next step and googled "garter ball bearing". You would have found it. Up until that point it was just a guess.
 
Upvote 0
dozer dan said:
dozer dan said:
part of a fancy garter for men?

open end strapped above the knee,

clasp attached to stocking or sock

and swivel right at or beside the knee?




kinda quick with the self atta boys aren't we?



Sorry Dan .. I thought that the statements in your post, qualified with question marks, were purely speculative. I didn't realize that you were presenting factual information. Anyhow, you get a genuine "atta boy" from me, too, as I hadn't a clue as to what it was.
 
Upvote 0
Yep sorry Dan. My apologies. Good guess. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Deftone said:
creskol said:
Deftone said:
Oh snap!! Solved my own whats it! Nice, it confirms my early 1900's theory! 8) http://www.magazineart.org/main.php...clothing/President+Suspenders+-1906A.jpg.html

Now that is cool!~ What in the world lead you to that ad? Never heard of such a thing. :thumbsup:
Well to tell you the truth I typed in search " Garter ball bearing" and BAM!!! Thx for lookin. hh
^^ That wasnt enough credit for you? I'll remember to mark my next whats it solved without the hard proof. :tongue3: Dozer should at least get a ribbon or a cookie!
 
Upvote 0
question marks? thats just something i allmost allways ad to my post.

1- because, i dont want to be one of those guys that are allways so sure,
only to be proven wrong and have egg on my face. been there done that
and its a lousy feeling.

2- i learned a long time ago..... in the "what is it forum" nothing is absolute.

3- can you make the cookie iced oatmeal with raisin's with a glass of coolaid on the side?
 
Upvote 0
Oh yes! It's iced oatmeal raisin only for me! How did you guess that to? Oh well as for the k a I hope the blue stuff will work! Since you added a ? so nicely. :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
Deftone said:
Well to tell you the truth I typed in search " Garter ball bearing" and BAM!!!
I googled Garter Ball Bearing just to see and it was not there. You deserve a lot of credit for findind the old advertisement.. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Deftone said:
Well to tell you the truth I typed in search " Garter ball bearing" and BAM!!!
I googled Garter Ball Bearing just to see and it was not there. You deserve a lot of credit for findind the old advertisement.. :icon_thumright:
Bing. 3rd one down. I don't normally use it. But thx for the reply. :thumbsup: Plus I noticed I typed this after dozers analisis reply..(I had the same thoughts dozer.) :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
OK now I see it. Im learning. :D

I found some more advertisements.
 

Attachments

  • ball bearing garter.webp
    ball bearing garter.webp
    54 KB · Views: 233
  • ball bearing garter2.webp
    ball bearing garter2.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0
OMFG!! That actually makes me feel like I am wearing one!!
 
Upvote 0
Good job Deftone! Doesn't it feel good when you figure something like that out by yourself? It just takes a little searching. Wish more people tried to research their own stuff :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
SkyPirate said:
Good job Deftone! Doesn't it feel good when you figure something like that out by yourself? It just takes a little searching. Wish more people tried to research their own stuff :icon_sunny:
Then where would the Fun be for us?
;D Mike
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
SkyPirate said:
Good job Deftone! Doesn't it feel good when you figure something like that out by yourself? It just takes a little searching. Wish more people tried to research their own stuff :icon_sunny:
Then where would the Fun be for us?
;D Mike
yea what he said. How are we supposed to learn?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom