What's new

What's like too use a snow shovel ?

O.k. men, I know that none of you like to shovel snow. So, here is how to turn a dishwasher into a snowthrower-

First you gotta take away her dishrag and hand her a shovel...

:laughing7:

Whoops! Was that sexist? :dontknow:
 
I consider snow a nice break. I spend my summers shoveling 220 degree asphalt on 140 degree parking lots and digging up creek beds when I'm not doing that.

Snow doesn't compare!
 
Peperj, you can keep the nasties. Here we have one type of venomous spider, and they generally aren't too bad, two types of poisonous snakes, one type no one sees anymore, but potentially they are still out there, the timber rattler. Last one seen in my county was at least 20 years ago, it was dead in the road, made the papers. The other, the copperhead, is shy and won't attack unless cornered or provoked, unlike some of your spiders. Biggest danger is probably ground nests of bees if you're allergic and the occasional rabid animal.
 
Our winters up here in the far NW are wet, cold, and we'll typically
get snow 3-4 times per winter. Deepest I can recall is about 3 ft., but
it's generally less than a foot.

Most of our half acre is front yard and driveway (rivers in the back).
Shoveled the whole driveway one time, and I'm not about to do it
again. I shovel the walkway from the porch to the driveway, and
the rest can wait for it to warm up and melt off. Biggest problem is
the giant ice mound left by the snowplow. It blocks my driveway
right at the edge of the street, and it takes a pick ax to break it up.
 
At least our toilets flush in the proper direction :laughing7:
 
6" inches here, I'll let it melt
My boots are over 6"

DSCF0011.webp

DSCF0012.webp

& What is left on Monday, Should get washed away

000aaa.webp
 
Last edited:
Using a snow shovel is kind of like thinking about YOU taking a 12 inch long x 2" wood boring bit and using it on your ass... :occasion14:
 
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan

Using a snow shovel is kind of like thinking about YOU taking a 12 inch long x 2" wood boring bit and using it on your ass...
 
Over 12 inches of snow today in a six hour span. But as soon as it slowed down plows went by, most driveways have been cleared and by tomorrow everything will be back to usual winter conditions. That’s how we handle snow in Minnesota.
 
When the arctic blasts meet the warm moist gulf air right over top of us in New England.....it can get really crazy. Other wise its usually manageable.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
When the ice melts it time to break out the shorts and go swimmin. 30 degrees and you are sweating after negative temps of the winter. I miss snow but I really have to say, Southern California does not suck. If you want snow in the winter you can drive to the local mountains and get chilly, you can also go surfing at the beach, do a dirt bike ride in the dessert and go night skiing all on the same day
If you move to California, keep your snow shovels!!!! They come in handy for clearing your patio & drive way after the mudslides! Think I'm kidding!?!?
 
Thinking about buying a solar snow machine here in N.Mississippi.
 
how depressing it would be not having the changing of the seasons, i look forward to each one of them and at the same time i'm glad to see them go as well
 
Guess you never did this either! Snow keeps your digging skills sharp.PHOTO_20180208_121913.webp
 
I'll take the cold and snow over mudslides, earthquakes and uncontrollable forest fires that burn millions of acres of trees (and homes).

And lets not forget the tornadoes! Cold weather is a small price to keep my house on it's foundation. After this message I'll be snowshoeing around my property before going to the basement to pan the many pails of gold concentrate I brought home from the streams. Enjoy your swelter tinpan.
 
Still winter
 
Last edited:
hey TINPAN... Thanks for caring , and presenting YOURSELF for us FROZE OUT TREASURE HUNTERS ...TO TAKE OUT OUR FRUSTRATIONS OUT ON soo here goes.....I hope {really ,, really } hope your out swingin awayand you get the signal...the half dollar signal you know the one that ..LOCKS ON AT EVERY ANGLE ... you start to dig and your 6" down and stronger than EVER..ER. YOU TAKE ANOTHER SCOOP AND THERE IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ....can slaw... you were sooo intent on digging a half dollar you didn't realize a hundred or two FIRE ANTS crawled up your pant leg ....HAVE A NICE DAY.....sucker...ha ha ha ha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom