What's new

What's like too use a snow shovel ?

tinpan

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
4,681
Reaction score
1,593
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan
 
Tinpan, I will be shipping cases of toilet paper to your neighborhood kids to put in your trees, :) That way while we are shoveling snow, you can be out taking care of white stuff too.
 
Yeah this winter has been insane. By Christmas we usually have to snowmobile two miles from the plowed road where we park our car but no snow this winter yet. 40 degree temps almost everyday instead of -20. My chickens are loving it and it's a nice change but I at least want a foot or two of snow for fun stuff. I never thought this would be a reality haha. What the heck.
My wife and I went collecting petrified wood and septarian nodules the other day and that's a first. The snow should be waist deep right now.
 
Last edited:
If you're living in "heaven", why are you here making nasty comments? You come across as someone who is VERY unhappy.
 
I can't go any more south than Michigan. Can't deal with the heat, I'm outside year-round, love it! Winter Water Wonderland!

Hot and sweaty all the time? That stinks!
 
Last edited:
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan

Ah the Auzzie rubbing it again,:laughing7: We're only 50C difference between us, you'll be +27C and I'm at -23C so at least we share the 20's together. :hello2:
Come Friday when you're sitting at 40C and your shorts feel like a wet tea bag think again about the weather.
 
Last edited:
4 degrees Fahrenheit for me. One tends to get used to it. 32 seems rather hot after 5 degrees for a month or two.

Its not too bad, stay inside by the fire. Work on relics and other things that when the temperatures are warmer are put off.
 
I am convinced there has to be a correlation between I.Q. and the average amount of snowfall in a given area. Whether folks have to be smarter to survive or are just too dumb to move is up for debate... :dontknow:
 
It's a back-breaking barrel of fun.
 
Our winters kill off most of the bad things or keeps them small that want to mess with us. Having a Huntsman crawling across the liner of our car still gives me the willies 25yrs later.
Seeing a Redback Spider in the privy under the seat isn't my way of starting the morning off either.:tongue3: You have some 10,000 different ones crawling around there-nice.


https://portal.clubrunner.ca/8104/stories/10-most-dangerous-spiders-in-australia

Snakes 140 different types another 32 for the seas out of them a 100 are venomous, 12 will kill you. Got to love winters :headbang:

Snakes | NSW Environment & Heritage
 
Shovels are used for MD...I try not to touch a shovel in the winter...that is how people have heart attacks 20180113_073303.webp:laughing7:
 
I agree with Pinball. Here's my shovel.IMG_20161122_132022179.webp
 
4 degrees Fahrenheit for me. One tends to get used to it. 32 seems rather hot after 5 degrees for a month or two.

Its not too bad, stay inside by the fire. Work on relics and other things that when the temperatures are warmer are put off.
When the ice melts it time to break out the shorts and go swimmin. 30 degrees and you are sweating after negative temps of the winter. I miss snow but I really have to say, Southern California does not suck. If you want snow in the winter you can drive to the local mountains and get chilly, you can also go surfing at the beach, do a dirt bike ride in the dessert and go night skiing all on the same day
 
I'll take the cold and snow over mudslides, earthquakes and uncontrollable forest fires that burn millions of acres of trees (and homes).
 
Having lived in Minnesota my whole life, I like winter. It is a quiet and relaxing time. I have two snow blowers, two snow shovels and an ice chopper, which gets me through the largest snowfalls just fine and except for moving snow, there isn’t a lot outdoors that has to be done. And as far as temperatures I would rather have it be very very cold than very very hot.
 
I can deal with all the snow but we have had incredibly cold temps here in Maine. I was taking a pic of the temps every morning during the cold snap but it got too depressing. Here’s a few days....without the wind chill of course
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028921.833759.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028948.486276.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028971.884992.webp
I have hunted in 12 degree weather. One of my best hunts ever was on that day. I also have hunted in a couple inches of snow. I literally took s shovel with me and cleared out big squares to hunt. It worked great. Hoping to get some shoreline hunts in if it gets above 20 or so. But the cold basically sucks!!!! The older I get the less I like it. I used to be an avid skier and had snowmobiles. Now I just don’t like freezing my ass off.
 
North, South, any wheres better than the middle. Iv'e lived either in Kentucky or Virginia for the last 22 years and from one day to next is nuts. 70 one day and snow the next. Northern California was the best, 15 degree average temperature change ALL year.
 
I have lived In and experienced cold winters in Ohio, Minnesota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado and Missouri, got tired of them and moved back home to Florida. worst thing I have to do here for winter is scrape sunshine off my windshield.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom