What's new

What's like too use a snow shovel ?

Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan


It builds character. You should try it. ;-)

And the beer stays cold for free!

When the weather' hot and sticky, that's no time for dunkin . . .

We have things to do indoors.

What's it like to live where everything is poisonous and either bites or stings?
 
Last edited:
Tinpan, I will be shipping cases of toilet paper to your neighborhood kids to put in your trees, :) That way while we are shoveling snow, you can be out taking care of white stuff too.

A case of used toilet paper!!
 
Lighten up tinpan is joking

Sorry, but it didn't come across that way. And calling people "suckers" should be grounds for thread removal.
 
Sorry, but it didn't come across that way. And calling people "suckers" should be grounds for thread removal.

Your the only one who took offense, the word "suckers" does not violate our rules nor grounds for deleting a thread. Like aTV, you can change the channel.
 
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan

I hope the next time you go out hunting, your batteries leak:laughing7: (Just Joking)
 
Your the only one who took offense, the word "suckers" does not violate our rules nor grounds for deleting a thread. Like aTV, you can change the channel.

You have no way of knowing if I was the only one took who took offense to that comment. You're assuming a lot in this thread.
 
As Curly from the Three Stooges would say, "I resemble that!" Just be thankful that everyone living in the frozen north, doesn't vacate and come to stay in your town for the winter! A funny statistic though, look up the number of phone area codes in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. They each have only one which means there really aren't that many people living there!
 
You have no way of knowing if I was the only one took who took offense to that comment. You're assuming a lot in this thread.

I never took any offence in hte word, nor do I think that he meant anything by it. Now how many times have you ever heard the word used "Hey sucker" or variables of the phrase. I don't believe they even use sucker in the Aussie Slang.
There is a few that make one chuckle though.

https://www.australia-migration.com/page/Aussie_Slang/197
 
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan
We hope that you get bad sun burn.
 
I have the right to own AND use a snow shovel. A right I enjoy frequently.
Four are close at hand.
If there is snow ,I can use a shovel to move snow.
Depending on type and depth ,multiple things can be done with snow. From insulating a structure , to art work, to simply making piles of it where desired.
The plow on the truck does the heavy work.
Might put a plow on the seventy year old tractor next year. Just for fun....
Each years snow contributes to the water table/ aquifer. A good thing.
 
1-16a.webp
We ain't got that much snow so far this year, but this pic from last year shows how it's done. It ain't so bad if you got grandkids.
 
That spring melt off just reveals those sweet, deep colonial coppers and silvers.
 
Used to enjoy the snow and then having to clean the cars or drive out after the plows came by and closed in what I cleaned out, lost the love for it. Not sure I want to live sweating my tail off all the time so changed for somewhere that someone else does the snow removal except for the cars and I can do that. As we don't seem to get near what we used to, no big deal. If you have someone to help, dig it for you or a tractor, even better. As for those who live with no snow, that is your choice and who knows, maybe one day I'll end up there, but not yet. And tinpan, I am sure that if you are looking to try it sometime, there is probably someone here who will let you come dig some for them just to get a feel for it. If not, time to go swing and find more buried treasure.
 
Well, I was down in FL for Christmas along with my bro-in-law who lives in Fairbanks, AK. At a party some of the southern guys asked my BIL how could he stand to live in such a cold climate. He replied that as the weather gets colder and colder you just put on more clothes to keep warm, but where it gets really hot one can only get so naked!!
 
Used the shovel, then a used snow blower, then got a used ATV with a blade, Ford 5000 tractor with the snowblower, tired of the cold and snow having to spend 3-4hrs cleaning everything up after a snow dumping. So this year I bought a used blade for the truck, the only thing I'm needing now is to upgrade on some snow eating tires. Now its warmth/tunes/comfy 1hr tops to clean it all up. Like a friend said once "Sometimes we just have to take some money off the table"

20180106_133951.webp
 
Last edited:
There's nothing more serene than going outside late at night during the winter in New England. The stars are amazingly bright, the moon is reflecting off the snow and it's so quiet you'd swear you're the only person left on the face of the earth...
 
We call those big aluminum shovels Coal Shovels here in Tennessee. Never shoveled snow, but have moved tons of coal with one of those handheld devices.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom