Whats new in your town?

The only gas station/truck stop in this one horse town is now constantly busy with semis hauling equipment to the oil fields in North Dakota, people moving to ND to get a job, and semis hauling loads of hay south to the drought stricken areas.

I used to get a roller dog and chips in two minutes and now it might take me 15 minutes of standing in line at the checkout.

First I posted my county has lost both of our local newspapers. Now, today I visited my Primary Doctor of 24 years and he tells me he is quitting as of the first of the year. Illness. Looks really bad. I wanted to ask what was the problem, but didn't. Suspect cancer. New Doctor has already joined the practice. Young Asian guy. What ever. I'll go with the flow since they have all my records. Might add, our local economy is in the tank and sinking fast.

New Doctor has already joined the practice. Young Asian guy.

Be ever so thankful that someone is filling his shoes. Many won't go into medicine because of the high malpractice insurance and other related costs. Funny thing is my urologist is Chinese and he found something several other doctors never saw at first glance.

Highplainsthr, if you want to avoid lines try working at night and you'll be thankful to even see people :laughing7:

:laughing9: Spart , ya sayin the Dr brought a magnifying glass and a mirror into the exam room and was able to show you what you are whizzin through ? :tongue3:

:laughing9: Spart , ya sayin the Dr brought a magnifying glass and a mirror into the exam room and was able to show you what you are whizzin through ? :tongue3:

You're being too kind, they had to go out and get an atomic microscope,

and still had problems finding it :laughing9:

truckinbutch said:
Well , other than that , how did you like the play , Mrs.Lincoln ?

Spot on and too funny.

The same that has been going on for years.......Big box stores move in, small businesses go under. But it creates jobs for all the university graduates and those who used to have their own businesses.
The mayor likes to give himself and all his rich friends tax breaks. We pour money into promoting tourism and let our infrastructure crumble to dust. No matter how much you beautify this city, it will always remain a sh*thole! Someone on the city council must feel differently about this hole as the hourly parking rates just doubled yesterday. I would say that it would create extra revenue if it weren't for the fact that a large corporation owns most of the parking lots throughout the country. Two more historic sites will be lost to development this spring.
Oh, I better stop being so negative. I should mention the good things happening.
Like the employment opportunities. Just this week, 5 new squeegee positions opened up on a few major intersections!
Good times.
Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited:
Spart---I'm thankful my doc isn't being replaced by a Nurse Practitioner. Couple of my friends have ran into NP'ers instead of their regular doc. I'll draw the line at that...I'm out of there in a heartbeat. Have nothing against young doctors. I've found them to be eager and willing to listen. Plus they are up to date on medicine. Old doc's tend to be burnt out, "come back in three months when it's in stage 4 and I'll see what can be done." My Orthopedic Surgeon is Korean. Two knee replacements. First rate. Looks like he's about 14 years old. Love that man.

Beans, I guess it's a frankfurter :dontknow:

I know in NYC we used to call the shish kebab, puppy paws due to the look :laughing7:

I think we had a new murder and one armed robbery.

I think if you talk to Dr. Richard Kimble he can point you to the "one armed robber" :icon_thumright:

We have new painted lines on our road :laughing7:

The big thing in my area is the exploration for oil and gas through fracking in the "Utica Shale" formation of central Ohio.
Land has become instantly more valuable, with some leases over $8,000 / acre. Lot's of new millionaires....people that were just getting by are suddenly set for life.
My little 20 acres are in a good spot....just waitin' and hopin'.

The big thing in my area is the exploration for oil and gas through fracking in the "Utica Shale" formation of central Ohio.
Land has become instantly more valuable, with some leases over $8,000 / acre. Lot's of new millionaires....people that were just getting by are suddenly set for life.
My little 20 acres are in a good spot....just waitin' and hopin'.

Good luck, hope you are a future millionaire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back