Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother would try to convince us that a can of spam, covered with maple syrup and a pineapple ring was really a canned ham....I think not.....but fried in bacon grease and served with eggs, and it can be tasty.....Gary
Ive eat a many fried spam sandwiches...I also make sandwiches with it straight out of the can but frying really changes the flavor...I keep a can in the cabinet, right next to the vienna sausage, potted meat and sardines in hot sauce. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herbes de Provence Roasted Chicken & Potatoes.
I use chicken thighs, bone in. I cut my own carrots, and also add 10, 15 whole garlic cloves. Double the wine. These herb packets...and there are quite a few varieties...list one recipe. If you look on their web site each packet is can be used for 3 recipes!
A picture will be provided at no extra cost!! heh.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive eat a many fried spam sandwiches...I also make sandwiches with it straight out of the can but frying really changes the flavor...I keep a can in the cabinet, right next to the vienna sausage, potted meat and sardines in hot sauce.

Heres a tasty trick for spam.I cut in almost inch thick slices,bake it until it starts getting a little brown.Take some cheddar cheese slices and throw it on the spam slices,cover with tomato sauce and another slice or two of cheddar cheese,return to the oven to melt the cheese.Kind of like spam parmesan:laughing7:pretty good.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a tasty trick for spam.I cut in almost inch thick slices,bake it until it starts getting a little brown.Take some cheddar cheese slices and throw it on the spam slices,cover with tomato sauce and another slice or two of cheddar cheese,return to the oven to melt the cheese.Kind of like spam parmesan:laughing7:pretty good.

No. Hell no!
I won't I tell ya! :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My stash of Spam, (yummm) survives another night. While I axed and kukri'd around the canoe rack for a rebuild the girl friend made cheesy scrambled eggs,fried red potatoes and onions,toast bacon and some jelly.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN4935.JPG DSCN4936.JPG DSCN4937.JPG
Quick, easy and cheap...like me!:laughing7::laughing7:
Ready to go in the oven...roasting at 425 degrees.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stash of Spam, (yummm) survives another night. While I axed and kukri'd around the canoe rack for a rebuild the girl friend made cheesy scrambled eggs,fried red potatoes and onions,toast bacon and some jelly.
Axed and kukri'd around the canoe rack. ?? huh?
Can you explain sir?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight was pot roast with carrots, onions and baby red potatoes cook in crock pot....

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good to me...never heard of baked spam...Ill have to try it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight was pot roast with carrots, onions and baby red potatoes cook in crock pot....
Crock pots cook up some mighty fine meals...my wife uses hers a lot.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with you RJC.... Like you I don't put donuts in with my roasted dinners. But things may be different in a far away land called "Oregon".

But overall it does appear they eat pretty good.... :icon_thumleft:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The crockpot is a real 'wonder of the ages' for cooking roasts! Or just about anything else. I've never tried, but supposedly you can 'bake' cakes in the crockpot. We've also got a small one that is great for making cheese dips, etc. Just the right size for a large family.

Spam? Been a while, but used to love it. Good for breakfast with eggs, jelly, and toast. Great bacon/sausage substitute. I like it sliced about 1/4 inch thick, fried without oil, until well browned, then on a slice of bread with a little catsup, fold, and enjoy. Also like it with fried 'taters, cream gravy, and a veggie of choice. Gotta stop! Making me hungry!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crockpot meals are so nice,especially when the wifey(that would be me) has an afternoon of metal detecting ahead of her,lol. Tonight I'm making chicken piccata. I just caramelize some mushrooms in a little oil and dredge chicken cutlets in a mixture of flour,panko,lemon zest,and crushed garlic and brown the chicken quickly and then add lemon juice,the slices of lemon,chicken broth,capers,and chopped fresh parsley at the end. I may make some lemon infused quinoa to go with it and some kind of green veggie.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Junk food tonight, wife has gone to the fair.....so I prepared a plate of french fries smother with baked beans....just finished and washed it down with mint iced tea.....Gary

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Junk food tonight, wife has gone to the fair.....so I prepared a plate of french fries smother with baked beans....just finished and washed it down with mint iced tea.....Gary

Well buddy.... not much better here either (maybe).... Leftover smorgasbord here for me. Wife doesn't feel well and I'm on my own. Left over spaghetti with homemade sauce (RJC better hurry) or fried chicken (3 pieces), Tupperware full of homemade mashed taters still or some type of salad thing. BUT... I am gonna get full. Not just something I'd fix for us if you all were here (cleaning out frig of food). BUT YOUR NOT HERE... so it's all mine and so is the remote.... haha, haha, haha.... :occasion14: Later, Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread