Whats on the menu tonight?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I tried to have a beef tenderloin steak cooked over mesquite charcoal..couldn't chew it so I had a slim fast and a ensure. My wife almost always eats the same thing, not sure how its spelled so I'll say what's in it. it is a Thai soup with coconut milk and lemon grass and shrimp in it, and its spicy enough to burn my skin it seems like.

Mike

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prices here are starting to disgust me.When I went grocery shopping i was looking at the meats.they had a couple of turkeys,lucky if they were 10 or 12 pounds,they were going for almost 30 bucks,screw them.

We have a lot of wild turkeys here, I believe next spring.....Im a goin' gobbler huntin'!!

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the advantage of having a freezer, actually 2, plus the side x side 'fridge/freezer, and an extra 'fridge with a top freezer in the garage. Also we have 3 small 'fridges, one in the dining room, one in the grandson's room, and one in my room. I really hate to have to go to the kitchen every time I want cube of ice to cool my coffee, or a soda, etc..

We buy meats that are 'on sale' when we can. If I watch the local Albertson's, I can find 85/15 hamburger in 5 to 7 pound packages for around $2.69 a pound. When I find it that cheap, I buy 2 to 4 packages of it. The rib-eye steaks we had the other day were on sale for $5.99 a pound; don't find 'em that cheap often, so we buy several when we do. Normal is around $9. We find fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.88 a pound quite often. We also buy some of the cheaper cuts of meat for making stew and such.

The son-in-law has been on a strict diet for a couple of months. My daughter does a lot of the cooking now and prepares meals that are great tasting, yet healthy. We've all benefitted from his diet. We are eating a lot of fruit and veggies. I love a garden salad several times a week. I like an apple or banana for breakfast with maybe a couple of cookies and coffee.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a lot of wild turkeys here, I believe next spring.....Im a goin' gobbler huntin'!!

I got them all over around here also. Many times I'll sitting here at my desk and look outside and see a flock in the front yard. Hell maybe I some dog mauling turkeys around here... :tongue3:

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A simple grilled steak encrusted with a rub of my own making. German fried potatoes, sliced tomatoes from the garden with a creamy dill dressing freshly made this afternoon. And, a peach pie I hear slipping in the oven as I post.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crock pot chuck roast again. Chuck roast was 3.99 a pound. Potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, at least 10 cloves of monviso garlic. portabello mushroom soup, a little can of beef broth. Sear the roast fast and hot, throw it all in the pot!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea the prices of beef is hitting the roof here also. That's why I rather eat venison plus it is better for me.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Spinach salad with trail mix on it and sweet french dressing. Bacon and eggs over med, toast and coffee. A Labbats beer for delayed desert after club meeting.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No no time to get fancy :laughing9:sweet baby rays sweet and spicy BBQ sauce.good stuff.

When my babe does not make the homemade...sweet baby rays is the 2nd best!!!!!!!!I like it better then hers...she does not read this forum .... so ..... shhhhhhhhhhh:laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet baby rays is good.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and a brownie...don't get excited, it was a Hungry Man T.V. dinner. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet baby rays is good. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and a brownie...don't get excited, it was a Hungry Man T.V. dinner.
Yes sir!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread