cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's that I can't hear you

Here's something you might want to keep your ear out for find these other day at an estate sale made a quick flip paid $10 sold them for $499
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456535332.181156.jpg

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a great flip! I always check the bathroom counters at estate sales and the glass showcases at my local church thrift stores for hearing aids. I have yet to buy a pair that haven't sold relatively quickly. I've had better monetary return on the CIC (completely-in-canal) hearing aids as opposed to the more obtrusive older models, but they all seem to sell. Congrats on a fantastic buy.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
As a HA wearer, I'm familiar with the Phonak name. I don't think they make an aid for under $1000 each. They pack a lot of tech in BTE (behind the ear), including bluetooth, remote controls with microphones you can lay on the table to hear everyone, noise cancellation, 30 point custom tuning to your particular hearing loss, and that just scratches the surface. Whomever got those for $500 got a deal, provided they were in good working order.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much to learn and so little time. I would have passed over them so a big Congratulations on a wonderful score.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a HA wearer, I'm familiar with the Phonak name. I don't think they make an aid for under $1000 each. They pack a lot of tech in BTE (behind the ear), including bluetooth, remote controls with microphones you can lay on the table to hear everyone, noise cancellation, 30 point custom tuning to your particular hearing loss, and that just scratches the surface. Whomever got those for $500 got a deal, provided they were in good working order.

I couldn't find a whole bunch information on the 411 series that's by why they sold so fast

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't scored an actual hearing aid yet, but I did make a few hundred off some hearing aid accessories I paid $3 for a few years ago.

attachment.php

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Well you could call them hearing aid accessories, but those seem to be cochlear implant accessories. Relatively speaking, that's a Ford Pinto compared to a horse and buggy. Both fail miserably compared to natural hearing, but if you had to choose which you would use to get you back and forth to work . . . well there is surgery involved to get in the Pinto driver's seat.

I haven't scored an actual hearing aid yet, but I did make a few hundred off some hearing aid accessories I paid $3 for a few years ago.

attachment.php

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well you could call them hearing aid accessories, but those seem to be cochlear implant accessories. Relatively speaking, that's a Ford Pinto compared to a horse and buggy. Both fail miserably compared to natural hearing, but if you had to choose which you would use to get you back and forth to work . . . well there is surgery involved to get in the Pinto driver's seat.

Unfortunately there is surgery involved in getting a Cochlear implant, as well.
In just a few years, it will be my only option if I wish to hear in any capacity.

Cheech: Glad ya made some good profit on those. In the future, if you
do pick up an aid at a very cheap price, you might consider donating it to
the Lions Club. They help out an awful lot of folks who just can't afford
to spend $500 - $2000 for a decent aid(s), but still want to hear their
grandkids laugh.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW- What's up Cheech. It was nice to put a face with the name when I met you at Brigitte's sale back in Jan. Didn't even realize this was your thread till just now, duh. Did you go to the sale she had in Pembroke Pines yesterday? I could't make it myself. I haven't been out at any sales since I saw you actually. May go to a couple this morning.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I went to her sale yesterday and Pembrooke Pines that's where the paintings and a lithograph came from that I posted on here I'm at one now in Kendall waiting for it to open

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately there is surgery involved in getting a Cochlear implant, as well.
In just a few years, it will be my only option if I wish to hear in any capacity.

Cheech: Glad ya made some good profit on those. In the future, if you
do pick up an aid at a very cheap price, you might consider donating it to
the Lions Club. They help out an awful lot of folks who just can't afford
to spend $500 - $2000 for a decent aid(s), but still want to hear their
grandkids laugh.

Do you have a link to the Lions Club to make sure that I get the right one for the next time I come across a set of hearing aids this was my actual first pair and I've came across I have probably seen them in the past and just ignore them the only reason why I picked these up is because I researched the remote that was in another drawer before found them

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I went to her sale yesterday and Pembroke Pines that's where the paintings and a lithograph came from that I posted on here I'm at one now in Kendall waiting for it to open
Kendall huh? I don't even like driving that far and I'm 50 miles closer than you, lol. I went to one small estate sale today. Bought a few items. I'll post later.

PS- I just noticed that's probably Sandy's sale (Absolute). She has decent prices usually. I didn't realize she was having a sale or I would have gone myself. Good luck.

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scored a pair of Starkey Genesis hearing aids yesterday morning, Friday, on the $1.00 table at a generally overpriced, professionally conducted estate sale. Listed them last night and they sold today at around 5pm for...$200.00! Wish every flip was that effortless. And that profitable!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread