What's new

Whats the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

I know that people talk about their finds but we need to also talk about the downside of the hobby. I'm curious, how many boxes of skunks have people gotten in a row.. before finding Ag. I believe mine is at 10 right now in the last 4 weeks. I don't do a quantity like others. Customer rolls don't count. I'm talking about boxes or bags if that what you get. Obviously it's the half boxes. As for dime boxes, finds are more common but less per box. The most I've been skunked on a dime box is 2 boxes in a row. What is the record for skunks in a row.. not that we want to achieve this record but I'm curious. And once the drought is over.. does the skunk streak continue or is one able to find Ag for a few weeks in a row after that?

All those skunks, I question my time, gas money, and cookies bought for members of my order banks.
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

14 halve boxes in a row. That was in September--if I recall correctly--lost my data at that time as my computer crashed and bought a new one.

It was a very, very hard month. Almost bit the dust--if it were not for some of my cohorts on this forum that gave me encouragement. Glad they did. :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

12 in a row for me. Took a month off after them, then first box back had 172. Go figure.
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

2 boxes of halves
4 boxes of quarters
635 in dimes (current streak right now)
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

d2arcing said:
2 boxes of halves
4 boxes of quarters
635 in dimes (current streak right now)

Wait.. is this a bit confusing but 635 skunk boxes in a row for dimes? That seems a bit high? You're in a different area but I don't think a skunk streak would go up that high for dimes unless you're getting dime boxes from Coinstar.
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

30 boxes of halves.
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

SFBayArea said:
d2arcing said:
2 boxes of halves
4 boxes of quarters
635 in dimes (current streak right now)

Wait.. is this a bit confusing but 635 skunk boxes in a row for dimes? That seems a bit high? You're in a different area but I don't think a skunk streak would go up that high for dimes unless you're getting dime boxes from Coinstar.

note it does not say 635 boxes, it says 635, so that is 2 boxes and part of a box
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

7 bags of halves.
2 boxes of halves.
4 boxes of dimes.
and the streak is still going.
HH..Miner
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

Back in mid-July I hit a nice box with 22 silver rosies. The following week I was skunked through and through with 8 or more boxes of dimes. The week after it re-adjusted back to the norm :dontknow:

My norm is 1 skunk dime box and 1 box dime box that produces.
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

Halves: 12 boxes. I've only done around 50 boxes total and had skunk streaks of 12, 10, & 8 if I remember correctly.

Dimes: 5 boxes. I've searched 8 boxes total, 7 were skunks. Currently sitting on a 5 box skunk streak - although I haven't done a box of dimes in quite awhile.
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

53 skunks in 55 boxes in a streak last year.
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

I had 12 skunk boxes over 6 weeks in a row!
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

18 skunk half boxes in a row for me.
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

i might not be the winner of the most skunk boxes in a row but i am sure i am in the top 10 :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

I dunno silver cop,If I can put all my different streaks on there im pretty sure you would not make top 10.My longest was over 70,And I have had at least 4 other times over c40 boxes in a row.I just started another new supplier,did ok first week second week 4 skunks,third week no order 4th week no order lol....at least when they forget to order I don't have to dump.Im keeping on the halves till mid feb then ill go strickly pennies till summer.good luck to all....hh jon
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

Well, my skunk streak finally ended at 13 when I got 1 40%er. :'( When you get a find like that one, you feel like that's the last Ag piece you'll get.
 
Re: What's the longest streak of skunks for anyone here?

current skunk streak ended w box 35 last fri got 2 40s.

if u cant math it out thats.34 skunk half boxes or

17k searched w/o a keeper. i almost fainted when i found a couple
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom