Re: What's the most banks you've hit in one day?
How many banks you can stop at in a day is dependent on 4 things.
1) The total driving time between banks. Time driving is time wasted.
2) Day of the week and month. Fridays tend to be busier and Saturdays are half days and busier. Around the end of the month is always busier too. Busier leads to more waiting in line.
3) Whether you are in small town or large city banks also seems to have an impact on line size. Usually smaller towns are quicker in and outs.
4) And last but not least if you have enough cash to buy everything and search later. If you run out of cash and need to stop, search in the car, and cash in, it can dramatically lower the total number of banks searched.
And technically a combination of #2 and #3 above, on certain days of the week banks close early....sometimes as early as 2 PM or 3 PM on certain weekdays in small towns....other days they are open late.....6 PM or 7 PM.
Pick the right day and you can do more.
I think I have maxed out in the 30's on my couple of longer trips if I remember right (33 to 35) in one day, but those were mainly small town banks and I don't tend to be a morning person so I got a late start.
My other advice...plan your route in advance...maybe even call ahead to the bank to see if they have what you are looking for before stopping (eliminates wasted time driving and in line). Granted, I have only rarely called ahead because it gives the tellers time to search through whatever they have and buy it themselves before you get there as well.