What's new

Whats the scariest thing thats happened to you while detecting?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

I got lost in the woods once. That was a little scary. :tongue3:
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

Stuck my coil under some brush about two feet away from my feet, right in the middle of a sleepin prairie rattler. Luckily, scared him as much as it did me.
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

heard a banjo in da woods
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

aa, why doesn't that surprise me? ;D
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

thrillathahunt said:
I got lost in the woods once. That was a little scary. :tongue3:

same here.

Lost but Not realy,
I could hear Major Traffic
so I Had a direction to Travel.

But Getting there through the Briars
& Etc. was a chore.
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

Never lost but turned around occasionally. Like walking across a plateau to get to another hollow. Only when you get to the creek bed, the water is flowing in the opposite direction from what you expected. I've done that a couple times. Makes for a long day to get things straightened out.
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

Walking through the thicket and coming across a vagrant community. I stopped dead in my tracks and quickly got out of there. I found out the following week that the vagrants had kidnapped a women and kept her back there for two days and rapped her. Never a day goes by when I hunt that I don't think of that incident. Since then, I tend to me more cautious and not so "buck wild."
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

RGINN said:
Stuck my coil under some brush about two feet away from my feet, right in the middle of a sleepin prairie rattler. Luckily, scared him as much as it did me.

I have never come across a rattler while detecting but a few years ago my son and I were in the woods and a Coral snake slithered by right in front of us. We stopped right in our tracks that's for sure.
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

I dug a ww2 motor round up while I was in Germany. It was spooky but fascinating at the same time.
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

Set down by a tree to rest while detecting in the woods , a 6 foot black snake came down out of the tree and across my shoulder and down across my leg and out to the woods like I was not even there.

That got me excited but after the snake was away I saw that it was a black snake so it was not dangerous, but I really did not want to get bit as that does hurt .
Now I look in the trees when I set by one just to make sure there is not one up there bird hunting !
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

thrillathahunt said:
aa, why doesn't that surprise me? ;D
ok ok i got lost once
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

aa battery said:
thrillathahunt said:
aa, why doesn't that surprise me? ;D
ok ok i got lost once

;D :thumbsup:
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

I disturbed a wild turkey (the bird) and he nearly
took my hat off when he flew right over my head.
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

I'm not allergic to bee stings but I was hunting in a sand volley ball court and dug up a cicada killer, boy was he pissed. I got away without getting stung thank God, those are big bee's.
 

Attachments

  • cicada_killer_wasp-rule.webp
    cicada_killer_wasp-rule.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,999
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

I was going to detect at a very old homestead, but when I walk up on the place, there was snakes in every window, door , bush , tree around the whole house. I decide that it was a sign, TIME FOR ME TO GO.
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

The scariest thing that ever happened to me was nicking my CW Louisiana button with the shovel....I had night mares for weeks :tongue3:
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

I can't believe all y'all have is a bunch of snakes and bug stories. Jeesh............ I was raised in the woods, rattlers and moccasins were nothing. Let's hear some serious stories..... :P :icon_sunny:
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

Woodland Detectors said:
The scariest thing that ever happened to me was nicking my CW Louisiana button with the shovel....I had night mares for weeks :tongue3:

Ha.... now that is some serious sh**. I love it.........
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

I had a total stranger approach me while detecting in a park and he told me he recognized me from my T-net profile and postings. :o...lol

Al
 
Re: What's the scariest thing that's happened to you while detecting?

LiquidAsset said:
Walking through the thicket and coming across a vagrant community. I stopped dead in my tracks and quickly got out of there. I found out the following week that the vagrants had kidnapped a women and kept her back there for two days and rapped her. Never a day goes by when I hunt that I don't think of that incident. Since then, I tend to me more cautious and not so "buck wild."

For you as a woman to come upon a situation like that all alone is scary! I mean who knows what would have happened if they would have seen you. Sounds like it could be the intro of a horror movie!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom