Whats up with Tesoro Service?

dirt-n-spector

May 11, 2009
Pontoon Beach Il
Detector(s) used
Tersoro Cortes
What's up with Tesoro Service?

Picked up a Cortes last year and was very happy with it for the most part. Last fall the coil went out, so I picked one up to replace it. I had bought the detector used and felt it would be up to me to get it fixed.

Winter came and then finally was able to get out again. Hunted a few times and everything was fine. Then on the next hunt the detector screen went nuts going between signals. Even the sound the detector makes was different.

So I packed up the detector with a note about the problems and sent it to Tesoro. 2 1/2 weeks later(with shipping time) the detector is back. I was surprised that their wasn't a charge. I was happy about the time and the cost. I was surprised that their wasn't a note or what was repaired??????

Today I went out and it just didn't sound right but I thought give it a chance. 10 minutes later same problems %#_()^&%$.

Now back to Tesoro.

dirt-n-spector

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
dirt-n-spector

dirt-n-spector

May 11, 2009
Pontoon Beach Il
Detector(s) used
Tersoro Cortes
Re: What's up with Tesoro Service?

Thanks Sandman,

I thought that could be the problem the first time so I switched places that I was hunting. This time I went to a field I found doing research.

I did call Tesoro and was told to send it back in as soon as possible so they could take care of it.

dirt-n-spector

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My Deleon was doing that alot due to emi, got rid of it, nothing wrong with the machine.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, that is strange for Tesoro . They are really good at getting things fixed. One thing is you can always call and they will work with you as you found out getting the issue fixed.
And do you have any big Microwave towers around you? We found that on some detectors of many brands that when we were inline with the towers they went nutz. Some of the Towers must not have been tuned very well as they cause havoc on anything with a antenna .

OP
OP
dirt-n-spector

dirt-n-spector

May 11, 2009
Pontoon Beach Il
Detector(s) used
Tersoro Cortes

When Tesoro first sent the Cortes back to me I did a air test on it. 3 to 5 inches on a clad quarter. 4 to 5 inches on a silver dime?????? these are no where near what the Cortes can do. Also had problems with the tone on start up.

One of things that bothers me the most is that not only did Tesoro not send back the Cortes in the orginal box(now I do not have a box) but that no papers on what they did were included. I understand that we are all human and make mistakes but I think that they really dropped the ball on this one. I do not know if there was a new person working on my Cortes or if he/she was just having a bad day.

I did call Tesoro the next day and was very pleased with the gentlemen I talked to. Went thru several details and ideas on what to do but still had to send the Cortes back in. Between shipping and insurance for two trips I'm the one out fifty two bucks.

dirt-n-spector

Cass

Feb 16, 2005

Hi dirt-n -spector, whether you know it already or are just learning it, Tesoro is, and always has been from their beginning, the most customer concerned sales and service, detector mfgs. in the business. They care bigtime about such matters and have always done their very best to fix their stuff and keep us happy with their detectors. If it has a Tesoro Decal on it, new or used , they make it good if it is possible. Surely, with as many used Tesoros out there swapping hands that it is no easy task, but Tesoro Service, with Rusty Henry in charge has always done a great job of keeping them up and running for us. The amount of used stuff we send them to "fix" is guaranteed to create some unseen problems. Just hang in there and Tesoro will get you up and running again.HH, Cass

OP
OP
dirt-n-spector

dirt-n-spector

May 11, 2009
Pontoon Beach Il
Detector(s) used
Tersoro Cortes

Received the Cortes back this week and was able to get out and try it out. Boy what a difference. Works like it always did. Casey and his group did a great job.

Thank You Tesoro.

dirt-n-spector

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

dirt-n-spector said:
Received the Cortes back this week and was able to get out and try it out. Boy what a difference. Works like it always did. Casey and his group did a great job.

Thank You Tesoro.

dirt-n-spector

Glad to hear that,,,,Frank,, you better get to swingin!!!!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Glad to hear it is well repaired...
Sometimes it might be difficult to trace down an electronic problem...
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions