What's new

Whatsit for ???

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it's a sewing machine attachment , it seems to long . I buy and sell sewing stuff all the time on ebay , never seen anything like it . Any ideas ?
 

Attachments

  • thing 015.webp
    thing 015.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 445
  • thing 004.webp
    thing 004.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 428
  • thing 014.webp
    thing 014.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 439
  • thing 009.webp
    thing 009.webp
    35 KB · Views: 433
I have no idea. I just want to say that....i've been on this site for close to 6 years and you, by far, have the best variety and most interesting whatsits than anyone else on this site.
Kudos to you mojjax !!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a needle from a knitting machine :dontknow:

Maybe a mouse trap :D
 
Upvote 0
Dunno why, but typewriter comes to mind.....

Grip
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a "zipper repairer/setter?"

Scott
 
Upvote 0
Its one of those whatchamacallit thingamajigs.
 
Upvote 0
Desk stapler springs to mind (the rusted innards kinda).
 
Upvote 0
Looks to be designed to fit in a slide, grabs cloth and pulls it to a release point, (prob not paper as it would leave a mark unless it was the waste side of thick paper) the thin metal would be attached to a spring to return it after the cam releases it. maybe a placement pulling jaw for printing press for cloth printing? maybe logo printing on goods/grainsacks. tension adjuster on top for different gauge material. seems too light gauge to crease metal, maybe copper or lead. need another look at the thing. never had paint on it so it was a 'well oiled' machine. can you detect any coating residue? any stampings in it?
 
Upvote 0
CarolinaGold, you make me dizzy! ha!

I'm with BigCypressHunter... :dontknow: :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I get a little obsessed. They had a post on here not too long ago that ran about a year and I checked on that thing at least 2x a week. They solved it. Wish they didn't. It was a chicken counter, bit of a let down, hell of a solve though. just looking for the next big one to get me thru 2010.
 
Upvote 0
Well thought out explanation Carolina Gold :icon_thumleft:
I was trying to figure out its function too and guessed there is probably a 'pinching' effect involved.
However, I don't have any suggestions for what it might be. :icon_scratch:

and as for "THE ALASKAN COUNTER"
some of us are only now able to sleep at night, now that it is solved,
and the shaking and the mindless stare and frothing at the mouth - is all improving ;D

Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom