whatzit

G

gigglygutts

Hello :)

This item was found at the bottom of a box of junk. I have no clue what it is. It is all metal and when fit together spins. Its lost its paint but on the smaller wheel there's remnants of red paint. Any ideas? I kinda think its off of some British war toy but thats just a geuss. Thanks!! ;)

Attachments

• whatzit.jpg
    whatzit.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 484
S

skyrider

That's a gyroscope..sort of the toy variety.? Some places still sell them.

There's a hole in the spindle and you wind a string up on there...pull the string off really hard and there ya go.

Cheers!? Neat find!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gigglygutts

well there ya go!! Thanks! Ive had this sitting by my computer for ages wondering how to even look it up. Just had to go give it a spin after reading your reply ;D thanks again.

Upvote 0
S

skyrider

No problem! Those are fun to play with, aren't they? :)

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a modern one I have,not as nice as yours.You can find "treasures"in all kinds of places,I always did like digging through" junk" drawers and boxes. ;)H.H.-diggummup!

Attachments

• gyro.jpg
    gyro.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Yup skyrider nailed it, I used to do all kinds of tricks with one that's Identical to that one! once it's spinning you can use the end with the dimple to stand it on a nail point or use the end with the slot to stand it on a taught string! 8)

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Yep omni, can do all sorts of things with it. When I was a kid many, many years ago I fired one up and put it on my brothers head for fun, guess what? Hair and gyros don't mix too well-he almost had to go to school looking like that if mom hadn't got out her scissors.LOL Was a month before I was allowed to play with it again. Thanks for the memories, guys. HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread