When you get a haircut...

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'When you get a haircut, get a barber you have known, when you get a haircut, be sure to go back home... since you were a little boy, sitting in a booster chair, you might look like Larry, Moe or Curly if a stranger cuts your hair' Ray Stevens.

WHAT should I do with this? I have two rolls of heavily worn Barber dimes.... $10 face. Oh, there is one seated liberty. Common dates, late 1800s early 1900s. Don't suggest feeBay. Ain't gonna happen. Thing is, these rolls are about a half inch shorter than a roll of Mercs or Rosies, yet still have 50 coins.

I'm at a loss.
Robin

Upvote 0
If you are now or in the near future planning on selling some of your silver, I'd sell these first. The reason is simple. Right now, "junk" silver coins are generally bought and sold on a "per coin" basis. If the price of silver skyrockets, this will likely be changed to silver being bought and sold by weight. Your coins are worn and will weigh less than non-worn junk silver coins.

Last edited:
Fee bay might be the best way to go. Why so hesitate. Unless private CL buyers are in your life, Ebay will get you the most, and be the easiest.

I would weigh the coins, and compare to silver non slicks.

I weighed mine slicks vs nice silvers, and the weight diff was not that bad. include these details in your CL post perhaps.

Hey there Captain! I think Arkie and Coinfether pretty much covered it and made 2 good points there. Good luck, Maverick.

If you are adamant about not listing on eBay, then the other course of actions are listing on Craigslist or listing on TNet Classifieds. Buying a Charter Membership (monthly or yearly) gains you the privilege. No additional fees, and you can determine your payment details. Craigslist is also an option, but you run the risk of unsavory individuals meeting face to face.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back