When you see silver and cant touch it...

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to dump halves one day and the machine needed a bag change. The teller removed the half dollar bag and I could see walkers and bens. She wouldn't sell me the bag. Was the hardest thing to do to walk away from that bank.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
That's funny actually (not in a mean way). The lunch ladies that take the cash and such for lunch/breakfast save any "Funny money" that comes through. So far i've gotten 3 2 dollar bills one being a 1953 Red Seal, 1 40% half, and about 10 presidential dollars. I told them to save any pre 1964 coins too. So far none yet.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stop silver in the bags is a bummer. Have you tried asking if you could just pick out a few coins real quick and replace with your clad? Would only take a second before they seal it up, only had this come up 2-3 times but each time they were pretty cool about it. Dont expect to rummage through the entire bag, but the few silvers that are obvious that you can grab real quick are better than none.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop silver in the bags is a bummer. Have you tried asking if you could just pick out a few coins real quick and replace with your clad? Would only take a second before they seal it up, only had this come up 2-3 times but each time they were pretty cool about it. Dont expect to rummage through the entire bag, but the few silvers that are obvious that you can grab real quick are better than none.

This ^
Say that your kids collect those different looking ones. Can you just swap a few out? I bet they will let you more often than not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread