Where do you think the Lost Dutchman mine is?

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To All:
There is a reason I am posting here, I guess it's the subject matter.
I came on TN over two years ago, knowing my travels as a researcher and treasure hunter were at an end due to my health.
Friends and family thought it would be good to share my knowledge and experiences.
I have found after all this time, that some want to share and some don't.
Some don't even have a goal or want one. Some are just frustrated.

The only "evidence" I have seen so far regarding the "Dutchman" and his gold is a matchbox.
Supposedly made from the Dutchman's gold.
There is a lot to this story that probably will never be told or known.
Only exaggerated over the years.

I don't have all the answers but maybe the ones I do have are the right ones....

Compare the quartz in the matchbox with the quartz shown here.
That's all I have to say about this. You decide.
View attachment 1173381 View attachment 1173383 View attachment 1173385
View attachment 1173386 View attachment 1173387 View attachment 1173389
View attachment 1173391
np:cat:[/QUOTE

Any closeup pics that arent so blurry so we can appreciate the ore a little more? Im a poet and disnt even know it. I am sure you know somebody with a decent camera
Heres an Idea,why don't I just send them to you and you can take your own photo's, or If you relax till I get back I will get in my time machine and take the photo's again.:dontknow: np:cat::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
sdcfia, Thanks. but If I was you I would not expect an answer,:dontknow::laughing7:np:cat:

Well, you're not me, but you are the one who keeps saying, "Friends and family thought it would be good to share my knowledge and experiences." All you've done is post pictures of some rocks. Nice rock, yes, but most of us have seen plenty of the same.

What's the big secret? If you removed that picture rock from the earth yourself, then I can understand why you'd guard its location. If not, then what you think you know is just more hearsay like most stuff on this forum.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hl np, while the pictures aren't museum quality, they came through reasonably well.

Sdc, until a thing has been found, most data is hearsay, or it would have been found already..

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KX, nah, they aren't in caves but sunlight. :goldcoin: But then while I may have been lucky on Tayopa, but I also have been known to be mistaken, but willing to change my mind when shown a reasonable reason to do so.

Incidentally, that is the loction acredited to Life Magazine historians and the Mexican Gov't.

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres an Idea,why don't I just send them to you and you can take your own photo's, or If you relax till I get back I will get in my time machine and take the photo's again.:dontknow: np:cat::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
so that means you will be taking closeups when you get back? because you implied it was a close match to dutchman ore. and i dont think anyone would get rid of the few pieces they had layin around. i eagerly await the photos. thanks np. well time for me to get back to soldering.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and there is really no need to take the defensive. the keys to the time machine are layin on the altar in your mission.
If you could read and understand what was written, you would know I said this is all I had to say about this subject.so why ask me anything,
no one with any common since is going to tell you were they found something that supposedly still exist,and is still looked for.theres a reason
it was put on this thread,THE SUBJECT MATTER..this is all im going to say about this, and if you notice all the pictures are dated:dontknow::dontknow:np:cat:
AND yes I was fortunate enough to find this and many more, I hope you or anyone else can find some, its terrible to end up like the other ones I mentioned.np:cat:

Last edited:

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you could read and understand what was written, you would know I said this is all I had to say about this subject.so why ask me anything,
no one with any common since is going to tell you were they found something that supposedly still exist,and is still looked for.theres a reason
it was put on this thread,THE SUBJECT MATTER..this is all im going to say about this, and if you notice all the pictures are dated:dontknow::dontknow:np:cat:
AND yes I was fortunate enough to find this and many more, I hope you or anyone else can find some, its terrible to end up like the other ones I mentioned.np:cat:

i didnt ask for directions. i can care less where other people walk. i have my areas of interest just like everyone on this forum. as for the date 88. ok suo ya cant take a better high res photo with todays cameras? i mean i have a piece of quartz i found in 98. and i am sure it was 98 cause thats when i got out of the service. ran out of gas money going to chicago and ended up here in az. only reason i kept it was because it has a fine serrated edge on it.definately worked probably by an indian i would assume.pretty cool find i think. but the fact of the matter is is that i still have it. i am sure you have some of the supposed ldm ore still layin around the house.ya had to keep at least one piec. that photo rg took was pretty sweet wasnt it? i actually ran my fingers across my computer screen if only to get a feel of it. not really but im sure someone did lol.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP

Have you found these ore in a leather bag close to a famous trail ?

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar,:coffee2:How have you been,no these did not fall out of saddle bag, nor a leather pouch,and they were not found on a trail.
the quartz came from a vain inside a volcanic bubble,a room of solid material,which could not be caved in,so there was no shoring done, on one side was a quartz vain about a foot wide, someone
over time had done a lot of work on this vain, the vain went across the wall into the ground,from that point they followed the vain digging down about 25 to 30 feet,why they never finished working
the vain can only be speculated on.while who ever had started working the vain downward had to start shoring it up, when I worked it down about another 10 to 15 feet it just got to dangerous.
I ended up closing it up just like I found it. the entrance faced the west, and had a real good view of everything,you could see for a long ways. NP:cat:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP

Thanks to share the info . The place seems to fits close to " Pony " Mt.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar,:coffee2: heres some easy, simple clues for anyone to focus on wanting to find the location of were I found the quartz vein, I told everyone on my thread about the location of were I use to camp,
crazy Jake was my neighbor to the right of me, and to the left of my location Bob Corbin and his crew camped, I had a perfect view of weavers needle, but from the quartz vein location I could see all these locations and more, the area I talk about was searched by the best for a long time,some claiming one thing then another,the location was very tricky,but,findable , I have looked at its location many times on google,can you triangulate this, that's why I thought you may enjoy this Marius.np:cat:

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP

When I said " pony ' , I meant Palomino . Not any relation to " phony " .
BTW , exist a map with this mine and another very close .
Also , none of both is the LDM .

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar,:coffee2: Amigo, palomino mnt was my old camp site, I used it for years , had an old shaft I used, very good shelter,warm in the winter,cool in the summer.np:cat:

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost Dutchman's Mine
These are my personal thoughts about the Lost Dutchman's Mine.
I also being a treasure hunter have heard many stories, interviewed people, talked with other treasure hunters and researched histories to gain a better knowledge about the field. Through my years, I have heard many stories that are not true. I was told knowledge that was incorrect. I was lied to by friends who were treasure hunters but claimed not to be. What I learned is to assimilate all information about treasure, treasure hunting and history. I learned that the most successful treasure hunters denied getting treasure or even digging. I only learned the truths through eye witnesses who were there.
Why would a friend lie to me? Simple answer is that Gold has a bad Karma of Greed attached to it. To put it simple, if you get gold, everyone wants some whether they are friends, governments or bandits who would just as soon kill you to get your gold. For example, you find 10 gold coins. You got them free, right? NO! You worked hard for them doing research, searching and finally hard labor to get it. Not to mention how much money you spent and time to get it. That's not what your friends think. They think that you found it for free and that you can give them just only 1. You have 100 friends that all want only 1 coin. You recovered 10 only. That leaves you short 90 coins and none for you if you want to keep your friends happy with you. That's why it's usually best to 'Never get anything' as far as friends and locals are concerned.
This leads me back to the story of the Lost Dutchman's Mine and maps. What better way to protect yourself than a fake map and lies to where your gold claim is located.
Which leads me to another story I heard also by either the Navajo or Apache native Americans. I can't remember which tribe, but area is close to that of the Dutchman's Mine. It goes like this; There is a sacred river hidden in a deep canyon only accessible by following the river up inside the tall narrow and winding canyon far back in. At the time of day when the Sun is directly overhead, the river bottom shines like the sun. It's the only time when the river becomes the Sun also.
My guess is this, The Lost Dutchman's Mine never existed. He heard the Native American Stories and being the clever and bright man he was, he quickly figured out that the hidden river bottom must be loaded with gold. He made a deal with the Natives and a fake map. Anyone robs him or steals his map they start their search in the Superstition mountains where the Dutchman would have the Natives watching and kill any thief that had his map for a bounty.
This is only an idea and possibilty I have come up with, but I don't know as much on this subject since my treasure research involves World War 2, Not the Lost Dutchman's Mine. But I have read about the the Native American Story from that time frame which fits into the puzzle knowing also the characters and life's of treasure hunters and prospectors alike.
By: Trent Alan Franklin

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<cut>
Why would a friend lie to me? Simple answer is that Gold has a bad Karma of Greed attached to it. <cut>

And conversely, you would lie to a friend with no remorse if you believed you had proprietary information about acquiring hidden gold . And so would everyone reading this.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spanish were very well aware of that fact too Frank. Just reminds me of all the BS stories of the 7 cities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread