What's new

Where Does Gold Come From?

Stand Watie

Full Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2012
Messages
101
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a lot of you folks that have been prospecting for a lot of years are knowledgeable in geology. I'm a newcomer to prospecting, only been at it for a few months. But I have done a lot of thinking and some reading about geology and how certain minerals or rock originated. We've all heard the story about diamonds and how they are formed from carbon by pressure, heat and time. But does anyone know how gold is formed or how it came to be here on our blue planet?

I've read a couple of "theories" about it. One theory is that it got here via meteorites that hit when the Earth was young. Yet I never hear of anyone finding any recent meteorites with gold in their composition today.

So does anyone here, or does science really know where our gold came from or how it was formed/created?
 
Upvote 0
Lazy Fish poop gold.... That's right, everywhere you see a fish stop for a break, you find gold there too. Right?:dontknow:
 
Gold just "is" but then according to Bill Clinton "That depends on your definition of "is" :laughing7:
Actually all that "is" originally came from one source....... GOD!
Just don't ask where God came from. :dontknow:

GG~
 
Gold just "is" but then according to Bill Clinton "That depends on your definition of "is" :laughing7:
Actually all that "is" originally came from one source....... GOD!
Just don't ask where God came from. :dontknow:

GG~
I know where God came from. We talk daily. Ok, he mostly listens because I got alot to say. TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom