Where Theres Wheat Theres REALE Silver

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where There's Wheat There's REALE Silver

The wife wanted me to install front brakes on her vehicle today. :BangHead: I told her it will happen this weekend, but I have to go get some dirt fishing in. I drove North of town and got permission to hunt a farm house that was built in the late 1890's. :icon_thumleft: No keeper coins were found there, but I did find two of the original members of the "Village People", the Indian and Sailor. I also dug a cool older junk broach. I can go back there anytime, great people. I left and looked for a couple permissions in town on a few of the properties that I have been eye balling. One is a rental property. I did talk to one of the tenants and found out where the owner lives.

I couldn't go home yet so I went to the football practice field to swing the coil an postulate where I should go next. I dug some clad and then it dawned on me to go do some tree lawns (curb strips). The dog tag came from a church tree lawn and on another two curb strips in front of older vacant houses I dug 7 wheats (1945, 50Dx2, 51D, 55D, 57D & a 58D). I also dug a 1957 Canadian cent and a 1956 nickel. :thumbsup:

Well, since I dug the wheats I figured there just had to be a silver Rosie or something there. Little did I know that I was going to find my oldest coin. I dug a sweet signal and saw a thin silver colored disk, so thin that I thought maybe it was a knock-out of some sort. When I pulled it out I noticed the back of the coin and knew I dug my first Reale. It is very smooth but it has a readable date. 1780 Reale folks, welcome the newest member of the 1700's club. :hello:

Not to bad for an Ohio hunter in a town that was not settled until 1818 I believe. It didn't become a town until the 1830's.

Reale Front & Back

20160604_163257.jpg 20160604_163310.jpg

Today's Notable Finds

20160604_163235.jpg

All of Today's Finds (less trash)

20160604_163019.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 57

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a killer save. Welcome to the club. I'll bet you're still riding High on a wave of satisfaction. There's nothing like digging a piece of Spanish silver. They were still legal tender until somewhere in the 1850s so they do get spread around I'll bet there is more to be found. From your posts that I have read you definitely seem to do a lot of digging and you definitely deserve your own chunk of Spanish treasure.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats Loco! I live in an area first settled in 1732 as part of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, I hope all the older dirt fishers didn't pull all that beautiful old Spanish silver around here.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you man.
The first one is the hardest.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your first reale!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Loco!!!!! Welcome to the 1700's!!!!!!!:wav:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread