What's new

Where was Robert Dunfields big dig on Oak Island?

The first picture I provided was a grid diagram showing the dunfield dig perimeter. It showed the hedden shaft but not the chapel shaft so I searched for heddoen-chapel shaft pics.
The general consensus shows the orientation of the attached pic.
 

Attachments

  • Hedden-Chapel Orientation.webp
    Hedden-Chapel Orientation.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 71
I then simplified the grid drawing and inserted the chapel shaft.
According to this analysis the chapel shaft falls in dunfield dig perimeter and destroyed during the dig.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250707_152541_Chrome~2.webp
    Screenshot_20250707_152541_Chrome~2.webp
    104.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Hedden-Chapel Grid Drawing.webp
    Hedden-Chapel Grid Drawing.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 60
The picture og the dunfield dig indicates the hedden shaft is on the left and the chapel shaft to the right.
I used this orientation to redraw the dunfield dig perimeter shown in the attached pics.

I believe this is the correct location of the dunfield dig.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250707_152258_Chrome~2.webp
    Screenshot_20250707_152258_Chrome~2.webp
    52 KB · Views: 56
  • Hedden-Chapel Dig Photo.webp
    Hedden-Chapel Dig Photo.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 66
So the 3 original men found the stone at 18 feet and it says "10 feet below...", instead of later diggers finding it 90 feet deep and it saying "40 feet below...". The map was 17th century, the map was 18th century. It was discovered, it was inherited. There is absolutely no consistency in the story which makes every bit of it unreliable. To my knowledge, the map was never a part of the earliest versions of the story so most likely it is a later embellishement.

Also consider human nature. The young son of a man who sailed with Kidd is handed a treasure map, and then never looks for the treasure despite the fact that he falls on "hard luck" and becomes a "public charge" in his old age. It makes as much sense as a dirt poor Appalachian being a sentinel for a KGC treasure cache. Sorry @freeman, I give the map a very strong "tain't likely" rating.
 
So the 3 original men found the stone at 18 feet and it says "10 feet below...", instead of later diggers finding it 90 feet deep and it saying "40 feet below...". The map was 17th century, the map was 18th century. It was discovered, it was inherited. There is absolutely no consistency in the story which makes every bit of it unreliable. To my knowledge, the map was never a part of the earliest versions of the story so most likely it is a later embellishement.

Also consider human nature. The young son of a man who sailed with Kidd is handed a treasure map, and then never looks for the treasure despite the fact that he falls on "hard luck" and becomes a "public charge" in his old age. It makes as much sense as a dirt poor Appalachian being a sentinel for a KGC treasure cache. Sorry @freeman, I give the map a very strong "tain't likely" rating.
Not sure what that has to do with dunfield
 
Last edited:
I decided to do one more thing. I plotted the casson locations. They started dropping these cans in 2015 and found nothing so it's safe to say they have been stringing their audience along with offset chambers, baby blob, garden shaft, solution channels and trips to Europe.
 

Attachments

  • Hedden-Chapel wirh Can Locations.webp
    Hedden-Chapel wirh Can Locations.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I decided to do one more thing. I plotted the casson locations. They started dropping these cans in 2015 and found nothing so it's safe to say they have been stringing their audience along with offset chambers, baby blob, garden shaft, solution channels and trips to Europe.
Yep….the actors on the show will make up anything to try to keep the gullible watching.
 
Yep….the actors on the show will make up anything to try to keep the gullible watching.
I look at OI as a pie chart which essentially are two pieces
1. Finding treasure
2. Entertainment
When it aired 12 years ago it was all about "Finding treasure"; however, after finding nothing in the money pit, the "finding treasure" piece has been shrinking and the "Entertainment" piece keeps growing and at a faster rate with each passing year.

So i don't see Rick and Marty as scamers because I believe their motives in the beginning were just and i will not speculate on their current motives to keep the show going. That pie chart would have many pieces with a variety of opinions.
 
I think this is why Dave Blankenship quit the show to go on with his life. He helped his dad for years and then the Laginas came in with fresh money to pay them for their rights to search and the TV money and he decided to call it quits and enjoy life while he can..
 
I look at OI as a pie chart which essentially are two pieces
1. Finding treasure
2. Entertainment
When it aired 12 years ago it was all about "Finding treasure"; however, after finding nothing in the money pit, the "finding treasure" piece has been shrinking and the "Entertainment" piece keeps growing and at a faster rate with each passing year.

So i don't see Rick and Marty as scamers because I believe their motives in the beginning were just and i will not speculate on their current motives to keep the show going. That pie chart would have many pieces with a variety of opinions.

And I'm sure Marty believed in another treasure in "The curse of civil war gold", his other (now cancelled) fictional show.

The only treasure the laginas believe in is proceeds from TV show.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom