Whereve I been?

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Where've I been?

A few of you know where I've been but I've got some time to 'splain a bit. First, I've gotten very busy at work and with the Al Menah Shriners. I visited my Mother just before Christmas and on December 23rd returned home to find this:

Water running through my kitchen fan from a broken frozen pipe in an upstairs bathroom:

01 Kitchen ceiling and fan.JPG

Water standing in my kitchen:

10 Floor in front of refrigerator.JPG

Wallpaper peeling in the dining room:

16 Wallpaper in dining room.JPG

Uh...water totally in my furnace"

22 Furnace.JPG

All my tools under water and water 1-inch from actually getting into the wiring in the main breaker:

24 Lower basement.JPG

Here's what I've been living with since then:

From my desk and computer:

06 From my desk.JPG

Foyer and living room:

05 Foyer and Living Room.JPG

It's now February 22 and things still aren't back to normal. In January they worked all of 5 days! After raising cain with just about everybody I couold think of, things finally started.

Finally some progress:

My hallway:

Hallway.JPG

My dining room:

Dining Room 01.JPG

I think I just might survive!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Re: Where've I been?

Wow, that would really hurt to come home to something like that. Glad to see you are getting it fixed up.
I like your wainscoating with the flowered wallpaper over it.

Have a good day.

Ray

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Glad to see they are making a bit of progress. It still makes me sick to see that beautiful home in such chaos! I can't wait til they are done!!

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That sucks you had to deal with this. Water is never any fun when it goes where it isn't supposed to. We had a leak in our attic HVAC unit last fall and had to replace the ceiling in two rooms.

Just last week we had some shingles to blow off our roof...ahhhh, the joys of home ownership.

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250

Wow..That certainly does suck wes....From previous pics you've posted..I know you've got a beautiful place there and it's a shame that had to happen...I'm sure you'll have it looking better than ever when you're done..

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

How's the catfish farm?
(used to be the basement)
did not look to safe in there!

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Wes I am sorry to see what happened , I can not even imagine what all you have been going through. I will be praying for you to have continued success in getting your lovely home repaired :thumbsup: Love you Margie

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry to hear this Wes, glad things are getting better.

Fossis..............

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Wes, Glad they are finally getting something done for you. I know how much you hate the chaos, but it will be back to beautiful in no time. And just think......now you can go tool shopping! Keep us posted.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Sry to see that Wes, and glad to hear you're gettin through it.

NOT bad, as I've seen plenty worse.

One place had thick 4ft long icicles hanging down outside from where the 2nd floor rim joist is.
Another had water running three blocks down the hill in the street, coming out of the front door.

Keep the heat on and fans in all rooms 'til it's dry, dry, dry!
...or you'll get mold. Not good.

Get someone in there with a Delm Horst moisture meter before you sign off on the repairs.
Plaster will take a bath far better than drywall. Check for integrity, not just surface appearance.

Good luck!
rmptr

S

seger98

OUCH, that sucks! No more needs to be said...

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Wes,
Soeey to hear that. I had that happen to me once. Was worried about it untill the insurance check came. :thumbsup:
Keep us posted.
Joe

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wes, yikes, that was a disaster and oh so close to being much worst I suppose if it had reached the main breaker box......... I know the pain, my family went through six months of dislocation from our home after a fire in 1995. I found out that living in a trailer for 6 months is not something I would want to do again........... Hang in there, it will be better than new when done.

Don

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh Wes I am so sorry for you! I really hope you are back in safe and sound soon better than before! The job before last I had the fire line in the attic broke the fire dept after the boss turned it off he turned it back on they big line ran full force for almost an hour it had froze in 2 degree weather, the place was full of sleeping guests at 3 in the am! 3rd floor was waist deep 2nd was just above knees and 1st was lower shins ceiling caving in certain areas. We were closed for 6 months, so many machines around the place to dry things out and to get rid of mold we had to go the frame work in places and they still didn't get it all!
So Wes please be careful that they are getting it all. :(

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aaah man, I was wondering where my luck went to about that time. Things are bound to get better, cause you done been through the worst! Hang in there, or keep treading water, as the case may be!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread