Which is worse?

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indianaman79 said:
.....i would almost prefer a skunk to a single dime......

That is ridiculous. I can understand saying that you'd prefer not having searched the box at all if you knew there was only 1 dime in it, but if you're going to search the box anyway, who in their right mind would rather a skunk than a silver dime?

HH

Nick

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have plenty of skunks to hand off to you if your interested in them. I keep all the silver, you keep the clad.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Which is worse?

This thread.

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Well..i know every box of dimes i have went thru i found nothing...so...i would think finding one would be pretty sweet

you should just dump it back in with the clads..I mean it was only one silver

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
How about which is worse: buying $500 of someones dumps or not being able to find a bank with any halfs?

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished my first bag of dimes last night (1K) and found two keepers. Silver is a bit hard to come by around here, too.

For me, I am happy to find at least one keeper. :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
CardsNCoins said:
Indianaman79 said:
.....i would almost prefer a skunk to a single dime......

That is ridiculous. I can understand saying that you'd prefer not having searched the box at all if you knew there was only 1 dime in it, but if you're going to search the box anyway, who in their right mind would rather a skunk than a silver dime?

HH

Nick

HAHA.. I average one keeper per dime box.. so finding one is about average.. we're definitely getting a lot of newbies.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Indianaman79 said:
I went through a box of dimes yesterday and found a single silver. I have been skunked many times, but i would almost prefer a skunk to a single dime. anyone else? :icon_scratch:

the GOAL is to find silver. SO, you are saying you would rather have NO success than SOME success.

There's nothing to say to that ...

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
I can only compare this question to this quote"

"The worst day fishing is better than the best day working."

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
the one thing to say to that, is send me that lone crummy dime. How would want it anyway. Now you just have to start a pile of those no good dimes. I will save you the trouble, It will be a big inconvenience but I will get rid of it for you. PM me

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Indianaman79 said:
I went through a box of dimes yesterday and found a single silver. I have been skunked many times, but i would almost prefer a skunk to a single dime. anyone else? :icon_scratch:
Not me I will take the lone silver any day rather than a box of crap

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
This is why this hobby will never be overrun. Some folks just cant cut it and expect it all to be easy. Ive been averaging 1 silver dime per 4 boxes searched all year. I have 24 or so silver dimes for the year so you can do the math. Maybe collecting coupons on sunday morning would be more to your liking. I guarantee you will find lots of them!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
"no question is a stupid question" what the hell kind of question is that!?!?! would u prefer someone to come up to u and rob u? or would u prefer someone come up and hand u a $20$??? hmmm...i think ill go w/ getting robbed...WTF?!?!?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread