Whites commercial

I see them almost all year long.
maybe they step them up around this time.

Only thing I don't care for the remark

I know whats in the ground before I dig

that bugs me :P

Guess it Shouldn't

it leaves the aluminum Store & Bar tokens
Antique Tin & iron, Gold etc. for me :thumbsup:

I've seen these adds for a couple years and not just near Christmas. :thumbsup:

jeff of pa said:

Guess it Shouldn't

That bugs me too. It's false. That DFX was the biggest liar I ever saw. Glad to be rid of it.

ArkieGold said:
jeff of pa said:

Guess it Shouldn't

That bugs me too. It's false. That DFX was the biggest liar I ever saw. Glad to be rid of it.

Actually No Detector tells you what's in the ground before you dig it.

It would have to analize the Metal, size,shape & Compute Weight
Plus know everyting ever made along with it's size, shape, and Metal type.

Then it would also have to Age it
and Know what type of ground & Conditions
so it could compute what ground damage was done
in that time

and how much damage was done before it was lost or buried.

A detector can only tell you what "May" be in the ground

Sometimes We can't even tell after digging it.

Then we need PBK :wink:

When a detector can tell me there is a CSA Belt plate under the ground
and it's right. I'll Say thats a good ID Machine.

Although I wouldn't buy it.
it would spoil the fun

as for the DFX.
I know those who Have 'em & Love 'em.

Maybe there was something wrong with mine. My MD buddy must have gotten a bad one too. It lied almost as much as mine :D

Probably operator error ;D

Detectors are like anything else.....you only get out of it what you put into it. I've had my DFX for quite a few years now, and I can tell a modern penny from a wheat penny before digging. I do agree with others though.....it should say "it tells you what might be in the ground" I think a lot of newbies get frustrated right off the bat because "Ring" ended up being a pull tab.

Paul

i just got my dfx300 with the dfx300 super12 coil and the 5.3 coil and if ti says ring i have found a ring if it says coin it was a coin now it said foil and i found a quarter it was a new quarter though i guess i have more time than most right now to toy with my machine though recovering from my nasty 1/2 ton truck vs tractortrailer hauling a full load of dry mix concrette finding a job after recovery can tough being a rough in carpentar with this economy sucks

I have DFX and I love it, there are times when I dig something unexpected, but for the most part it's very accurate, you just have to learn the machine and listen to it

The reason all you guys' Whites isn't "telling you what's in the ground", is that you haven't bought the "Up-date Kit". It's an aftermarket device you stick on the machine, that I sell for only $300 each ;D Yup, it'll tell you gold verses aluminum, etc... etc.. etc....

You see, Whites forgot to put that part in their commercial, so here it is, just send me your money! :-*

Since ads have been seen by more people, I don't get the weird looks anymore.
Most folks now know I am not a mine sweeper looking for IEDs or some kinda pervert that hangs around tot-lots.

greydigger said:
Since ads have been seen by more people, I don't get the weird looks anymore.
Most folks now know I am not a mine sweeper looking for IEDs or some kinda pervert that hangs around tot-lots.
Amen, Brother!

Ihave seen them for 5-6 years. The one that cracks me up is the guy who says his wife is happy about the ring he found and gave to her and she is happy about all the weight he is losing.

Paul in Wa said:
Detectors are like anything else.....you only get out of it what you put into it. I've had my DFX for quite a few years now, and I can tell a modern penny from a wheat penny before digging. I do agree with others though.....it should say "it tells you what might be in the ground" I think a lot of newbies get frustrated right off the bat because "Ring" ended up being a pull tab.

Paul

Have a MXT and can now tell difference in some coins but it took some time to get the hang of it and can understands a newbie frustration. I went through a tough one at first but now find it easier to separate coins/rings from junk.
On commercials, they have been showing them Fox Business News for quite some time, or at least since I been watching my retirement funds go down the tubes this past year.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 140
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 150
Those of us that have stuck with the hobby for longer than a few years know any detector can only tell what it "thinks" the target might be. A nickle, a pull tab, gold ring or chunk of soda pop can all sound exactly the same.

what about the part where it says metal detecting is great excercise. has anyone really lost weight? it's always healthy to be moving around outdoors but they make it sound like you could loose pounds of excess weight. the only thing i get is a sore shoulder and blistered palms....lol

Try "Speed Detecting" where you run around like a headless chicken and dig like crazy.
There is a youtube vid here about it. Is funny but I bet you can lose weight.

Hey guys, Tecting does cause me to loose weight. I hurry around so much trying to get all the honey does done so that I can go tecting, that I don't snack so much and WALA I loose weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back