Who else is getting tired of hearing about the Templars

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you had pointed out the rules...no opinions, verified fact only...That is Mr. Smith's opinion...

... no. It's not opinion. It's verifiable fact.

And you still haven't answered my question, how did in 1560AD, the mason who built Rosslyn Chapel get the idea's for some of the carvings within the Chapel, such as maze, but we call it corn, not to mention a few other region specific carvings...That was only in North America, no were else.

... why is it corn? Why can't those carvings represent any number of European plants that look similar to what the masons have carved?

And we can't forget the Templar symbols inside...I can't imagine William Sin Clair building Roslyn Chapel without a knowledge of some aspects of North America or the Templars and if he was footing the bill, just giving the masons creative freedom.

Templar imagery inside? How so? I mean, it's possible. The Sinclairs are, after all, on record as testifying against Templars on trial in Scotland, so William would have been aware of the Templars at least, but there is no indication that these Templars influenced any design elements in the chapel.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right. I don't have to go very far at all around here in NY to find geometric cracks in the rocks. But they are natural occurrences. It would take a lifetime to visit every crack in NY. I'm not Barry White. ;-)

14822549035_1eec184992_m.jpg

l.jpg

But this is a forum about Oak Island. Not NY or VT. What have you got regarding Oak Island?

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
The Polynesians are probably the least likely of any of your possible choices. There is no evidence of any pre-columbian South Seas group arriving into the Atlantic Basin. The closest you can get is Easter Island and that is not proven.

The Asian coconut made it to central America before Columbus somehow. The South American sweet potato made it to Asia before Columbus somehow. The Americans could have gone to Asia and back, or else the Polynesians made the trip to America and back. The Polynesians have a documented record of seafaring. The Americans do not. They speak a Polynesian language in Hawai'i. They do not speak a South American language in Samoa. You pays your money and you takes your chances, but the evidence is fairly firm on who went where and did what in the Pacific. So what does this have to do with Templars? Well, what do we know about the Polynesians?

1. We know that they very likely crossed an ocean. Not only that, they could cross the largest ocean.
2. We know that they very likely crossed oceans with coconuts.

Right off the bat, they're a more likely candidate than the Templars because we're fairly sure that they had the ability to do it. The only speculation involved is whether they made it to the New World or not, and the plant DNA strongly suggests that they did. Of course, it's possible that something else happened, but it's not likely. The evidence strongly suggests that they made that trip at least once though. So one group probably crossed the ocean early on, and one group may have. One group probably had coconuts when they did it, and one group may have. Interpret this as you'd like.

We do know that there is proof some Europeans arrived in North America by 1000ad, I am merely premising another group of Europeans arriving several centuries later.

Totally agree, but look at the available evidence. There is very little doubt that someone made the trip from the New World to Asia and back again circa 1000 AD or before. Again, it could have been the people of the New World, but all evidence to date indicates that they were not strong sailors. All evidence to date shows that the Polynesians were. Thus, it's reasonable to assume that the Polynesians made the trip.

There may be some DNA evidence out there that we haven't found yet, but as of right now, we know that sweet potatoes come from South America, and somehow they got to Asia no later than 1000 AD. We also know (barring some unforeseen DNA evidence that hasn't yet been discovered) that the Polynesians brought coconuts with them. What we don't know yet is what strain of coconut the Oak Island fibers came from.

Don't be angry at me. I just play the numbers. I honestly don't have a dog in this fight.

Its difficult for me to believe you can premise Polynesians with their flimsy craft traversing two oceans and cannot accept the possibility of a wealthy Catholic Order with very capable vessels crossing the North Atlantic following routes traversed by other Europeans three centuries earlier with less navigation capibility, and were still making the trip btw.

If they were very capable vessels, the Portuguese would not have bothered to come up with something better, and the Age of Discovery would have arrived much earlier. If the Polynesian craft were unable to make the journey...well, then they would not have made the journey. But it looks very much like they did.

We've discussed this before. Did you forget?

I'm half-joking when I suggest that the Polynesians went to Oak Island. That's a very long way, even by their standards. But they could have. I'm not sure that the Templars could have, not without ships built for the purpose that arrived later. That's why I say that it's a more solid case, even if it's not one that I agree with.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Asian coconut made it to central America before Columbus somehow.

There may be some DNA evidence out there that we haven't found yet, but as of right now, we know that sweet potatoes come from South America, and somehow they got to Asia no later than 1000 AD. We also know (barring some unforeseen DNA evidence that hasn't yet been discovered) that the Polynesians brought coconuts with them. What we don't know yet is what strain of coconut the Oak Island fibers came from.

I'm half-joking when I suggest that the Polynesians went to Oak Island. That's a very long way, even by their standards. But they could have. I'm not sure that the Templars could have, not without ships built for the purpose that arrived later. That's why I say that it's a more solid case, even if it's not one that I agree with.

Not Central America, Panama, and they very well could have self seeded there. We do know the Portuguese brought the coconut to the Atlantic Basin.

I'm sorry Dave, but as a sailor I would have to say that any vessel that could safely cross the Bay of Biscay, sail up and down the Atlantic Coast around the Iberian Peninsula and the length of the Mediterranean would be fully capable of crossing the North Atlantic. Weather watching and water stops being necessary for either Norse or Templar vessels.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
... no. It's not opinion. It's verifiable fact.

... why is it corn? Why can't those carvings represent any number of European plants that look similar to what the masons have carved?

Templar imagery inside? How so? I mean, it's possible. The Sinclairs are, after all, on record as testifying against Templars on trial in Scotland, so William would have been aware of the Templars at least, but there is no indication that these Templars influenced any design elements in the chapel.

Has Mr. Smith or any of his sources of information found that all elusive document that gives full account of the Templar's in Northern Scotland after the Crusades? I am going to have to say no on that one and any persons accounts as speculation not confirmation.

As for the "Why Corn", you are welcome to look for any vegetation that is similar to the carving, I would be interested in what you think it looks like. The best I had see for the European continent was a seed pod that look nothing like it.

I do not know about the Sin Clairs testifying against Templar's but the only account I have found was two Templar's put on trial in Edinburgh and here is what was written...

"Two Templar knights were arrested in Scotland and put on trial in 1309 at Edinburgh. During the course of their testimony, which was written down and preserved by the clerics of the court, one of the knights testified about the escape of the other Templars. The Preceptor was the highest ranking Templar in Scotland.
"Being asked concerning the other brothers in Scotland, he stated that John de Hueflete was Preceptor of Blancradok, the chief house of the order in that country, and that he and the other brethren, having heard of the arrest of the Templars, threw off their habits and fled, and that he had not since heard aught concerning them." [SUP][1],[2][/SUP]
When the trial of the two Templars was completed, no guilt had been found against them, so no sentence was passed and they were free to go. There is no record of any other Scottish Templar being arrested. In other words, 100 percent of the Templars in Scotland survived. "

source:Knights Templar Survivors

This description is from the trial. "Being asked concerning the other brothers in Scotland, he stated that John de Hueflete was Preceptor of Blancradok, the chief house of the order in that country, and that he and the other brethren, having heard of the arrest of the Templars, threw off their habits and fled, and that he had not since heard aught concerning them."

So where did they go?

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Eldo, but you're photo doesn't show anything of any relevance ... at least not that can be seen.

Let’s see...modern day “treasure hunter” stating wild claims about how all of the other folks telling fictional tales about oak island are wrong and that his tall tale story is true.....with pictures of something that are all over the place claiming to be a templar vault (each picture seems to be different), with the last one showing something he claims to be him standing next to yet another in his mind’s eye templar carving.....must own a 1990’s kid’s camera with poor focus unless that was the intent and the thing in the image is not him and just another rock formation.....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reaching the other side of the lake in Vermont from the Bouquet river....the same marks are found with a larger array of maps....all pointing to the mountains that are there in numerous maps carved in stone.

The same Geometric shapes are scaled into the rocks.....

View attachment 1555238
View attachment 1555239

View attachment 1555237

These carvings were also found in France, showing parts of this movement are mimicked there as well in a dual use system to show you where this treasure came from, and where it was left behind.

All of these images and cuts can be found elsewhere in the world as well wherever glaciers existed. The cuts are carved by glacier movement....only linked to the templars by imaginative minds.....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And finally, imaginary “templar vault” in Vermont has nothing to do with the imaginary “treasure or other stuff” on oak island. Maybe a new thread entitled, “templar vault found in Vermont” would be more applicable just like the thread about, “templar vault and graves found” which too was a fictional story.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live very close to Watkins Glen N.Y. we have a lot of Glens around here ...they all look like that scared up flat bedrock ...some look like things ...but nature did it not men.
One Glen has a turtle carved by man in to the side though.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live very close to Watkins Glen N.Y. we have a lot of Glens around here ...they all look like that scared up flat bedrock ...some look like things ...but nature did it not men.

Not to change the subject, but I love Watkins Glen. I used to go to the Grand Prixs there and raced my own car there one year. Walked the Glen several times and stayed and drank at Seneca Lodge quite often. Beautiful area.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watkins Glen, Taughannock Falls Gorge, the images I posted are Filmore Glen (ancestors had a farm that bordered it).

Ancient seabeds fractured by the weight of glaciers a mile thick and then eroded to produce marvels. Sections of rock as flat as a table 100 feet square, steps that look deliberate. Perfect right angles . . . all natural.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least that's better than starting out, "Uh, maybe you're not aware of the fact", and btw, everything I wrote on that post (#170) is fact, not fantastical at all!

Cheers, Loki

Like I said, if people want to believe in the fantastical they will, regardless the contrary. It's for this reason, and this reason alone, that many of these legends still exist in the first place.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has Mr. Smith or any of his sources of information found that all elusive document that gives full account of the Templar's in Northern Scotland after the Crusades? I am going to have to say no on that one and any persons accounts as speculation not confirmation.

As for the "Why Corn", you are welcome to look for any vegetation that is similar to the carving, I would be interested in what you think it looks like. The best I had see for the European continent was a seed pod that look nothing like it.

I do not know about the Sin Clairs testifying against Templar's but the only account I have found was two Templar's put on trial in Edinburgh and here is what was written...

"Two Templar knights were arrested in Scotland and put on trial in 1309 at Edinburgh. During the course of their testimony, which was written down and preserved by the clerics of the court, one of the knights testified about the escape of the other Templars. The Preceptor was the highest ranking Templar in Scotland.
"Being asked concerning the other brothers in Scotland, he stated that John de Hueflete was Preceptor of Blancradok, the chief house of the order in that country, and that he and the other brethren, having heard of the arrest of the Templars, threw off their habits and fled, and that he had not since heard aught concerning them." [SUP][1],[2][/SUP]
When the trial of the two Templars was completed, no guilt had been found against them, so no sentence was passed and they were free to go. There is no record of any other Scottish Templar being arrested. In other words, 100 percent of the Templars in Scotland survived. "

source:Knights Templar Survivors

This description is from the trial. "Being asked concerning the other brothers in Scotland, he stated that John de Hueflete was Preceptor of Blancradok, the chief house of the order in that country, and that he and the other brethren, having heard of the arrest of the Templars, threw off their habits and fled, and that he had not since heard aught concerning them."

So where did they go?

They went to Disney! :laughing7: (Sorry, I couldn't resist. My bad.)

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right. I don't have to go very far at all around here in NY to find geometric cracks in the rocks. But they are natural occurrences. It would take a lifetime to visit every crack in NY. I'm not Barry White. ;-)

14822549035_1eec184992_m.jpg

l.jpg

But this is a forum about Oak Island. Not NY or VT. What have you got regarding Oak Island?

Nolan's Cross points to the south directly to the other cross found in NS, at the Yarmouth/Overton Stone, that was even shown on the "Curse Of Oak Island" as a Portugese/Spanish looking cross, of the order of the Knights of Christ

YarmouthIntervale.jpg

Yarmouth/Overton Stone is a map with four rock holes, showing a massive Cross and a coastline described with 4 river inlets to look for.....

This coastline is on the shores of Lake Champlain....the scratch marks on the left side of the cross above, are the marks to look for at the landing in the pic below....

0602161617.jpg

This begins the second leg of the journey once you figure out how to get out of the NS roundabouts.....as there were was a "Comedy Of Errors" made of the Money Pit

Remember the Parable of the Hidden Treasure, and the Pearl of Great Price hints were enough of a warning to avoid the traps.....

The vault and treasure is in Vermont.

0602161553.jpg

Next to the massive hooked x that is a marker to see from the water as approaching by boat.....an obvious sign that you are to be able to see if you were looking for these marks....having matched the coastline of the lake to the rock map on the Yarmouth/Overton Stone.

I hope you realize that the stones of Oak Island are part of a map, leading OFF the island.....

The only ideal discovery there in the money pit was the stone that FDR and his crew ran off with to erase the evidence of its message that proved that there was a trap set there to avoid and a translation to lead you off the island.

Cipher_Stone_Replica Deciphered.jpg

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of these images and cuts can be found elsewhere in the world as well wherever glaciers existed. The cuts are carved by glacier movement....only linked to the templars by imaginative minds.....

And linked by a rope and 4 anchors installed on the way up ......

A Secret Mission For The King  First Rappell.jpg

If you got the cajones to make it that far........lol

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And linked by a rope and 4 anchors installed on the way up ......

View attachment 1556168

If you got the cajones to make it that far........lol

I'll meet your there in 3 weeks and make the climb with you to the "vault". You can then take me into the "vault" and show me the artifacts you found so that I can come back here and report. I'll even contract a helicopter to take us to the vault to save time. Once there, if it turns out there is no actual vault with templar artifacts, you pay my expenses (travel to/from Vermont, meals, lodging, and helicopter charter fees) as well as admit the entire vault in Vermont story is false.....otherwise its just anther fictional story you wrote...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll meet your there in 3 weeks and make the climb with you to the "vault". You can then take me into the "vault" and show me the artifacts you found so that I can come back here and report...otherwise its just anther fictional story you wrote...

We are all waiting with baited breathe to see if ELDO takes you up on that offer of a co-climb to this fabulous Templar Treasure Vault.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Eldo does accept the invitation, any other members care to join to help excavate the templar vault?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Eldo does accept the invitation, any other members care to join to help excavate the templar vault?

Not me. I'll take my chances in my own back yard. I have some suspicious markings in my concrete patio, also a couple of funny looking cracks. But I suppose I could do some photography along the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread