What's new

Who has found a gold coin water/beach hunting???

BEACH-HUNTER

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
411
Reaction score
144
Golden Thread
0
Location
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was wondering who has found a gold coin while beach hunting? I know people here have found them in the water and on beaches...please share!! Do you think your chances of finding gold coins on beaches or in water are better than on land?? Here is my beach gold coin it's a 1853 $2 1/2 dollar gold piece, it was mounted in a 14k gold bezel. I got this off a salt water beach on the north shore of Mass. after a Nor'Easter 5 years ago. By the style of the bezel I was told it was made in the 1970's or 1980's.
 

Attachments

  • 534559_3306865465205_1596107625_n.webp
    534559_3306865465205_1596107625_n.webp
    32 KB · Views: 328
  • 562919_3307089270800_550389801_n.webp
    562919_3307089270800_550389801_n.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 575479_3306867585258_1815020785_n.webp
    575479_3306867585258_1815020785_n.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0
That is awesome don't think I'll ever find one here in the U.P. hard enough finding gold ring lol.
 
Nice one! Congratulation!!
 
Exellent gold find.:icon_thumleft:
 
Wow , what a nice find , I take it back A GREAT FIND !! I friend of mine dropped one while skydiving . Someone will be happy when they find that.
 
Wow , what a nice find , I take it back A GREAT FIND !! I friend of mine dropped one while skydiving . Someone will be happy when they find that.

I am sure it is possible, as you have so well proved, but I am not a member of the club. However, in regards to Herb's skydiving post. Can you imagine sitting in your living room and have a gold coin come through your roof like a bullet? It hit somewhere...
 
While skydiving in Clewiston around 1990 I forgot to remove my necklace before jumpimg and ended up losing a gold necklace with a big nugget on it, around 4 oz total!!! Some cow is now profiling with it or it ended up in the sugar cane.
 
After the hurricane last year I found one it was a 1986 $10.00 gold coin in a bezel with a 18k chain attached to it. That was my find of the year and I bet the person who lost it was sick. Why some people where the things they do amazes me but who am I to complain.:icon_thumleft:
 
One can only hope....

Maybe someday
 
I hope he responds on here...but fantastically :headbang:...Tom in Salinas (might be Tom(CA))..has found 13 gold coins here in California...I know at least some of them on the beaches.

The closest I came was a Brazilian coin with a beautiful gold tone but something like a 5 centavo :icon_scratch:
 
Last edited:
I have found two gold coin rings in the water and one gold coin on the beach, my "precious" made the banner late last year. It is an 1836 $5.00 gold piece and was found along with the rest of these US army relics on a beach in Florida with my Sovereign GT. The story of this gold coin and the rest of the finds was in last months Western & Eastern treasures magazine. I have been trying my hardest to find a gold Spanish escudo on the Treasure Coast but this gold coin more than makes up for the wait for the gold escudo, maybe this year is the year?
HH Gary
 

Attachments

  • 1836 gold eagle .webp
    1836 gold eagle .webp
    349.8 KB · Views: 2,600
Ive got gold from motherlode and gold jewelry in the water, but that ever elusive gold coin is still on my bucket list.
congrats on the golden day :sunny:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom