What's new

Who is it and what was it used for?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
52.6 mm tall 32.9 mm wide. Partial lead back, maybe where an attachment once was.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 8.30.18 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 8.30.18 PM.webp
    68 KB · Views: 306
52.6 mm tall 32.9 mm wide. Partial lead back, maybe where an attachment once was.
But I also know that there were memorial GW busts…
 
Upvote 0
I have spent a good bit of time picking the crud off of this piece, and hit it with a touch of jeweler's rouge. By doing so, I think it has revealed some interesting detail that wasn't obvious before. . I have never seen crud as difficult to clean as the stuff coming from this site. That pistol; I found is taking me a long time, but sooner or later, I will get it cleaned.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 5.22.04 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 5.22.04 PM.webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0
This guy has a beard and mustache from what I see. Not looking so GW to me.
 
Upvote 0
Perhaps a political pin?
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking what Mason Jarr is thinking.
 
Upvote 0
Seeing it cleaned it does not look like G.W.
 
Upvote 0
cape pin general.webp
That's a Great dig! This one is listed as "Unknown". Maybe Ewell?

1226hpr_5cde3c0b8f7d2c3-830x1024.jpg
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • shakespearedoorknocker.webp
    shakespearedoorknocker.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 1
the slope of the forehead does look like Shakespeare
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies everybody.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom