ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep, June, July and August are probably the best months, but we get plenty of days in September and often dive in October as well. Seems like when people travel, the weather and restaurant tend to cooperate but you never know.

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up Jason. Would love to come down and do some hunting with you guys. I been doing a lot of Civil War relic hunting in Virginia. Would love to get back down to the Treasure Coast. Lee

rdkennedy1

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScubaFinder/SeaHunter...local guy here with a lot of dive experience(right off of Jupiter) and who would love to come and help out. I'm open most weekends and have a lot of vacation days saved up so I can take weekdays off as well. If you ever need another hand please let me know!

bay pirate

Aug 26, 2012
Mobile Bay
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
I would love too. I'm a 500t master with about 1000 open water/wreck dives. Been searching for years but never found anything of significance. My charter season is over come Labor Day and will be available. I have my 19' Kenner flats boat for support that I could throw into the fleet

hookahman

Aug 6, 2013
Free most weekends and I can dive but no equipment but I would love to be a deck hand and do what I can to help!

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you guys still diving this time of year? need a professional diver? ive been a commercial diver since 2001 and a scuba diver since 1988. I have all my own diving equipment (multiple sets including helmets, rigs and compressors)

nicklyon

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Seahunter I am from Canada and am coming down from the last week of June until the end of the first week of July with my girlfriend we both have our diving licenses and Underwater M'D's was wondering if we could join you for 2 weeks? Trip is already booked need to hunt for the full two weeks let me know if that would be okay I will email you as well thank you.

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was an amazing thread and story started way back in 2006. I've read it from start to finish, and I hope it's not finished as the last post was 2017.
It was extremely interesting to watch the Seahunter company evolve and grow, volunteer people become permanent partners, even a few who left and came back.

I can understand both sides of the issues with the contentious period of 2015+, but there's a few things about this adventure people should consider. It is/always has been an actual salvage company employing professional seasoned people, apparently even before Seahunter started the thread on TNt forums. The volunteers are exactly that. They choose to participate. Given anything from the quest is a pure gift. I volunteer all over the area and the only thing I get 95% to time is the thank you. That's good enough when one gives their time with no expectations of material return and the feeling you did good outside of yourself.

It was finally made clear that the company always had paid employees/divers from the start. Once it grew, more were picked up. It's seahunter's company and he can do with it what he pleases.
Seahunter went better than just letting volunteers experience literally a once in a lifetime adventure, he actually gave away coins, pieces of history. The company didn't have to do that.

I also see that all along, Seahunter had a full time restaurant business as well. His passion is treasure/wreck diving and his full time job seemed to be in the food biz.

Either way, I am inquiring what has happened to the company. The websites haven't been updated, and another link just has 2011 data on it.

If I had been in any other kind of situation back then I would have jumped on the chance.
As we know today, 2020 has been a horrible year for the us in the US with the coronavirus and everything else coming down the pike. Hopefully, we will recover in due time.

I hope for everyone to be safe during the pandemic and that Seahunter is still looking for the mother lode. Today is the day.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They couldn't get their permit renewed and just closed up shop.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
He didn't completely close up shop, Scott still wants to dive and find the rest of the treasure. There are some issues that need resolving with Florida DOS but the permit is still on the table and the company is still in good standing. There is always something working in the background, so when one of those things finally pans out work will continue at Jupiter.

Hunster54 The restaurant was a newer addition, it is about 6 or 7 years old I think. It is based on the Jupiter Shipwreck and has lots of great artifacts and history on display, plus some damn good food and drink!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ScubaFinder... long time.

You still with GME ? ? ?

Err... or was that the one ?

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Whaassup, yeah I dropped off the radar for a bit, we went through some rough things and I needed to get life and the bank accounts back in order, there wasn't much time for treasure hunting. GME unfortunately got held down by more government bulls*&^ and most of the investors left because we couldn't get in the water in Florida or in the Dominican Republic. Company is still legal and active, awaiting an end to either lawsuit so it can be rebuilt. I got kicked in the teeth so many times trying to navigate the legal side of this business that I had to step away for my own good. I feel like we now have only two choices, work the 1715 sites or be a pirate (which doesn't really work in my experience). Someday I do still intend to try and facilitate some change in the way the Florida Dept. of State treats our industry, but that is a long uphill battle against some really entrenched antiquated thinking that I don't believe can be changed, no matter how illogical it is. Leaving historic artifacts in-situ in an environment that is destroying them is not science at all, I call it laziness and complacency (two things which are detrimental to any science).

No more soap box for me today, you never know where you might see my name pop up.

Jason

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason you can join my pirate crew. We are digging somewhere every weekend.

Holmes4.JPG

Check out my last dig: [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/634413-holmes-beach-dig.html[/FONT]

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whaassup, yeah I dropped off the radar for a bit, we went through some rough things and I needed to get life and the bank accounts back in order, there wasn't much time for treasure hunting. GME unfortunately got held down by more government bulls*&^ and most of the investors left because we couldn't get in the water in Florida or in the Dominican Republic. Company is still legal and active, awaiting an end to either lawsuit so it can be rebuilt. I got kicked in the teeth so many times trying to navigate the legal side of this business that I had to step away for my own good. I feel like we now have only two choices, work the 1715 sites or be a pirate (which doesn't really work in my experience). Someday I do still intend to try and facilitate some change in the way the Florida Dept. of State treats our industry, but that is a long uphill battle against some really entrenched antiquated thinking that I don't believe can be changed, no matter how illogical it is. Leaving historic artifacts in-situ in an environment that is destroying them is not science at all, I call it laziness and complacency (two things which are detrimental to any science).

No more soap box for me today, you never know where you might see my name pop up.

Jason

Yeah I went through that gamut years ago and hence why I do not even try to pursue a permit anymore and asked when you talked about working if you had someone with permit pull.

You said you had an guy with State pull... but as I have seen and personally found out... that is meaningless in the grand "scheme" of the State anymore.

Last we talked this was the concern I had for you and could see that long road ahead full of bumps and holes.... designed that way by the State to "thwart and collect peoples data".

I have not dove in some time now and everything I own has a layer of dust on it.

Shame... and I feel like a waste of talent... But I am not into losing my gear and rep... not to mention anymore more than that.

Still wishing you luck and hoping things work out.

Stay in touch... you are missed here.

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Yeah I went through that gamut years ago and hence why I do not even try to pursue a permit anymore and asked when you talked about working if you had someone with permit pull.

You said you had an guy with State pull... but as I have seen and personally found out... that is meaningless in the grand "scheme" of the State anymore.

Last we talked this was the concern I had for you and could see that long road ahead full of bumps and holes.... designed that way by the State to "thwart and collect peoples data".

I have not dove in some time now and everything I own has a layer of dust on it.

Shame... and I feel like a waste of talent... But I am not into losing my gear and rep... not to mention anymore more than that.

Still wishing you luck and hoping things work out.

Stay in touch... you are missed here.

"The Rats are Guarding the Cheeze"....

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing to report in 2021 I assume. Does DeSantis have any interest?

Sorry. I was thinking that the rational governor may have some sympathy for the plight of THers in their battle with bureaucracy..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions