Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BVI Hunter said:
"
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ScubaFinder I have an older style AquaPulse (the tall can) that I use most of the time, but Scott's boat is currently decked out with Garrett, when in Rome.
I knew you'd come over to the Dark Side eventually...!
thumbsup.gif
laughing7.gif
"

I believe that the "Dark Side" he was referring to was AquaPulse vs Garrett.

Jason​ -- Nice work, amigo.

Well,done Rope!

The clue was in the quote! :thumbsup:

Glad someone got it

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am your Father...
The you must be Luke Waterwalker, son of Luke Skwalker!

Obiwan has taught you well. But you are not a Jedi yet.

<--------------------------

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2015
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Don't own one at this time
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NdHello my name is Bill MCCONNELL .
I am located in Washington state but willing to relocate for the right oppertunity.
I don't have much left in life but my passion to treasure hunt as I am recently
Seperated for good.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hello gents! Been a while since I posted in this thread. I had heard the boys found a coin (Jason's pic) first day out this year or first day doing trial runs. Something like that. Been checking the Jupiter beach cam almost everyday but haven't seen the boat much.

I'm hoping to hear some positive news soon from either Scott or Jason. If these guys make good they will make this guys dreams come true. I just need a cheap motel nearby (can I buy a pistol while I'm down visiting Americalandofguns? Ahhh, protection, of course lol) and I'll eat everyday at the Shipwreck Bar and Grille | Jupiter, FL |Fun Atmosphere and Great Food! <--- Nice updates under the Captain's Log link here as well!)

SCOTT - TAKE MY MONEY! :notworthy:

Attachments

• 9r0kxv.png
    9r0kxv.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the SeaHunter working a wreck or taking out divers? Let me know I might be able to go down south later this year.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What was the total bounty found that day?

Great vid!

GreenHiker

Jul 8, 2010
GA, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ20, Garrett
Solid Gold!

I went down to Jupiter over the 4th of July holiday for a family reunion and we had the pleasure of visiting the Shipwreck Bar and Grill. The food was very reasonably priced, absolutely delicious and the service was awesome! If you're in the area, you have to go.

The best part was the warm reception we received from both Scott and Jason. I had not met or corresponded with either before this visit. But, when I walked up to Scott and introduced myself to him, and explained that I was a Treasurenet member and a fellow shipwreck diver, his face lit up and we had a great conversation. He made me feel like I was family. I met Jason after dinner in their gift shop and he was equally cordial, handing us the untreated coin to inspect that he had just recovered that same day, and answering a LOT of questions from our group. I'm sure we took up too much of their time but we couldn't help ourselves. :-)

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is solid gold here on Treasurenet, outside of the kind we all seek underwater.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pocket Watch Update: Remember the really small pocket watch we found on June 20th, 2010? Well, it made the long trip to Tallahassee and was returned as "Modern" so we put it in fresh water and it sat for a few years. I recently got around to cleaning it up, and while it didn't turn out to be particularly special I thought you guys might enjoy a look.

The Watch as it was found:

coins, cross, watch 005.jpg coins, cross, watch 004.jpg

In a simple Electrolytic Reduction Tank:

watch_conservation.jpg

And here it is all cleaned up, after less than 50 years under the sands much of the gold leafing, enamel and even some of the silver plating was removed by the elements.
watch_front.jpg watch_back.jpg watch_side.jpg watch_open.jpg

Found the makers mark under the watch face, and identified as Baumgartner, a Swiss watch maker:
watch_makers_mark.jpg SWISS_Makers_marks_pocket_watch.jpg

Watch is a late 1960's Baumgartner Model 866 Pocket Watch, it originally looked something like this before spending half a century in the shifting sands:
w340270794554300g15d.jpg mcpgAyKR0QC3_zpZ830dCBw.jpg

Hope you Enjoy!

Jason

Last edited:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for the kind words GreenHiker, it was nice meeting you and your family as well. We always enjoy meeting and talking to fellow TNET'ers and telling treasure tales. :-) Hope to see you guys down this way again sometime! Give us a heads up and we will see about getting you out on the boat. Canadian Trout wants to go too, weather and crew permitting we'd love to have you.

T0nka

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2015
Broward County, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280-x Aquanaut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SeaHunter,

Don't know if you still ever are looking for a hand on any of your dives. I'm 28, I live locally, know my way around a boat, not much SCUBA experience but hooka and free diving I've done plenty. I could definitely give you a hand on deck, I would love to gain some experience at this. Let me know at your leisure.

Thanks,

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job ScubaFinder!

You did everything, recovery, stabilization, cleaning, identification. You are quite the archeologist. And thanks for posting the imagery. It's so interesting.

Joe

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
This entire thread simply drips with pure gold. Whether the real thing or posts or peoples attitudes or general camaraderie. Well done lads!

And yes, Jason. CanadianTrout does want to go. Freaking bad! he just needs to know ASAP so he can request time off work before his boss puts out the work schedule :laughing7:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Joey, don't forget SeaHunter too. Without his efforts to become a part of this shipwreck project, none of the things I do would be possible.

Canadian Trout, you can ask off anytime, but whether we get out and dive while you are here will be more up to the weather, seas and restaurant. There are never guarantees in this biz. The boat could break, the restaurant could require our attention, could be stormy or rough seas or a host of other issues. You are welcome anytime it is convenient for you, and we will do our best to get you out there during your visit. PM SeaHunter with your number so you guys can coordinate.

Jason

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks Jason. I'm on it, I'll send Scott my info. Seems a little risky as I'm not just driving down the coast for an hour to meet you or something LOL I'm flying from Canada, need a motel etc etc.

I understand variables, the boat breaks, the restaurant breaks, are all out of our control.

So in your expert opinion Scott (or anyone else who knows) what would you guess would be the time period of the highest chance to get out on the water, weather permitting? When are the seas the calmest in that area? Aug? Sept? Oct? (probably not eh?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread