Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Rim check and dump. More than likely all 2012 P. Happened to me. Just ask to check before you take them.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten 3 of those boxes now... The first I searched anyway... The second I saved one roll cause I figured i might as well keep an uncirculated roll of 2012ps... Just got another and I am not even bothering.... Just gonna take it to my dump bank... Quite Frustrating...

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When making your bank rounds, ask to trade for cwr. Most banks like to get rid of them as their business customers usually prefer the mwr. If you are polite and explain the coin collecting hobby you have they will usually take care of you.

simplyAARON

Greenie
May 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went to the local Bank of America and picked up a box of dimes. When I got home I looked in the box to discover the box looks like a whole box of 2012 dimes. I opened 2 rolls and every single one is 2012 P dime. Is it even worth looking through or should I just keep them in the pack and take them back on Monday?

I have had a problem with brand new dimes myself, BUT... just because the ends are new, it doesn't necessarily mean they are all new. Case in point, I had box that appeared to be completely new, but one of the rolls yielded a couple of 80's and 90's, and there was also a 1962 tucked in there. It makes the searching go faster, but if you're not careful, you just may give up a keeper. Good luck on your search!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread