Why do "officials" (and others) dislike us?!

Heysenn

Mar 5, 2013
I was just reading through some threads about all the problems we are faced with when trying to MD. I'm young to this hobby and don't understand why this hobby has such a bad reputation.

I see people on their ATVs tearing up places I'm "not supposed" to MD at without permission. Then there are those paint ball people. Young campers who absolutely destroy the camp grounds ... Fishers who trash and litter like the land is a darn dumpster. Hikers who tear up and trash trails. ETC. ETC. ETC. ....

I just don't get it. I fill my holes just as pretty as they were prior to me digging them up ... I throw not only my trash out, but everyone else's trash too!!

What am I missing? What's the back story on this? So frustrating ... The majority of MD's (IMO) are mature adults who take the hobby serious ... So, what's the big freaking deal?!?

I'm talking about parks, churches, fairgrounds, etc. Not historical places or cemeteries. Eek!

<3

Upvote 0

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
No problem Tom. Please forgive me for getting carried away as well. Although you are a persistent bugger, you are also always very respectful and well spoken. I appreciate the fact that you can have an intelligent conversation without resorting to name calling. Unfortunately, I am not always able to respond in kind. I apologize for that. :thumbsup:

Sheesk, I had gotten so passionate on the other thread, that I failed to take into account the OP's exact question on THIS thread. Just saw you name, and some similar concepts, and failed to realize that the thread had changed. So the apology is mine. Thanx

OP
OP
Heysenn

Heysenn

Mar 5, 2013
Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are great. There is this old old school right on our street that is now a church. This pastor won't even let us on the property! I told him how much trash we pick up and even offered a demonstration to show him how small the plug is. Ugh!!!! My hubby went to school there as did his parents and his grandparents!!!! That church is new ... Hopefully they'll leave soon and go lease a building somewhere else. ;)

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are great. There is this old old school right on our street that is now a church. This pastor won't even let us on the property! I told him how much trash we pick up and even offered a demonstration to show him how small the plug is. Ugh!!!! My hubby went to school there as did his parents and his grandparents!!!! That church is new ... Hopefully they'll leave soon and go lease a building somewhere else. ;)

Did you offer to make a small donation to the "church"? :tongue3: Most "godly" men appreciate the value of money.

OP
OP
Heysenn

Heysenn

Mar 5, 2013
Did you offer to make a small donation to the "church"? :tongue3: Most "godly" men appreciate the value of money.

I thought about it! Before we went to talk to him I said I should offer 10% of what we find ... Hubby said no, lol. For a pastor, he was just plain out rude!!! He was standoffish from the moment we approached him. It was so weird. We're a normal looking married couple and were dressed appropriately. I don't know what kind of a rotten day he was having!

P

paultek6

Get a T-Shirt that says bomb disposal on the back maybe that will keep em away

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They hate us because we are smarter...and generally better looking.

digginla.

Greenie
Mar 4, 2013
jena, la
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 350
Bounty hunter fast tracker 2
Whites classic 3 sl
Garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do people get mad when someone digs stuff up like relics if they never see the light of day they will rote and be gone forever, i say they need to be dug up and put in musems or my collection so people can see history. Just sayn!

Last edited:

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like anything else, some need instant gratification. The rest of us appreciate history. My best finds are neither gold or silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread