What's new

Why use a magnet in your sand scoop???

Imfishboy

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
62
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sonoma County,Ca
Detector(s) used
MXT ALL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told to use a magnet in the inside lip of my sand scoop. Why? What is the benefit of using a magnet there?
Information replies is greatly appreciated.
 
It catches small ferrous metal bit's and pieces that may fall through the holes.

Bobby pins and fish hooks and the like. Keeps you from going nuts.

Use the coated NEO magnets, like the ones from K&J Magnetics. They will last longer.

IMG_1754.webp
 
Yep ! I call it my sanity magnet. Keeps you from scooping, re-scooping, re-scooping, etc when those little
irritating targets keep falling back into the hole. I buy mine at harbor freight. ziptie to bottom of scoop.
works great.
 
i got my magnets from a used PC hard drive - just used some Gorilla glue to hold in place.
 
Thank you all for your informational replies.
 
If the iron fuzz bothers you just squirt it with the hose.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom