What's new

wife brings home winged warrior!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
merc #19 this year, dug 11 and crh'd 8 so far. i don't have to do anything lol! She searched 16 rolls from a bag of $500 bf4 being shipped to the ????? ffd
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1227 [640x480].webp
    IMG_1227 [640x480].webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_1228 [320x200].webp
    IMG_1228 [320x200].webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_1229 [320x200].webp
    IMG_1229 [320x200].webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 405
Upvote 0
You must have a great place to hunt (detect) and you have a great wife!
 
I've never been metal detecting before. Are the Mercs you found buried in the ground? What are their conditions when you get them? Do you set the metal detector to find silver? or does it beep when you hit anything metallic? Just curious. Could you use it to prospect for gold in the hills?
 
Excellent condition of that Mercury dime. Nice pic, too
rileyboy
 
SFBayArea said:
I've never been metal detecting before. Are the Mercs you found buried in the ground? What are their conditions when you get them? Do you set the metal detector to find silver? or does it beep when you hit anything metallic? Just curious. Could you use it to prospect for gold in the hills?
I personally havent found any Mercs..but i do know that it should just simply read as a dime on the Ace..you can set them to cancel out garbage items like soda tabs and such..but what i learned is Gold reads as garbage and Silver goes nuts when i do my field tests...Hope this helps
 
I guess one can go into the hills of Nevada and look for buried loot of silver. How far into the ground can the machine sense? Is it more specific to certain metals than others? Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.
 
Some people say that it pays for itself when you get one but it is really worth it? What's the best one to use? ACE 250?
 
SFBayArea said:
Some people say that it pays for itself when you get one but it is really worth it? What's the best one to use? ACE 250?
SF, I have over 2 grand into a couple detectors and equip. I got into the hobby knowing I probably wouldn't get rich. I got wrapped up into the thrill of history, and the excitement of finding old coins and relics. In the last year, I've dug a Morgan and Peace dollar, well over 100 silver coins, old IH's, etc, etc....oldest silver dug last year was 1758. It's a blast! I've dug about 50 mercs in the last 2 years, averaging about 5-6" deep. I hardly ever find silver rosies, 'cause they were nabbed long ago, being much shallower. ffd
 
SFBayArea said:
I guess one can go into the hills of Nevada and look for buried loot of silver. How far into the ground can the machine sense? Is it more specific to certain metals than others? Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.
If you are really interested, go over to the metal detecting area of Tnet! ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom