What's new

Will dealers buy the most corroded looking ugly silver still?

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Wondering if dealers will still buy the most ugly corroded silver at normal silver dealer prices? I'm wonder this since I just ordered a metal detector. What if the coin is the ugliest corroded looked like it'd been in deep sea water crusted silver coin? And it's just silver like a 1964 half. Will they still pay you for them or will they try to low ball you based on the looks of the coin.
 
Upvote 0
resellers don't like the uglies. Smelters don't care. JP
 
I don't think you have to worry, unless you dig one. I've dug hundreds of silvers in the last couple years, and I have yet to find one like you've described. Salt water beach hunting not included. ffd
 
It depends, if you are looking at a coin dealer they will probably laugh at you and pay you $.50 for it, if you are looking at a smelter, remember that worn/corroded coins don't have as much silver still in them as a newer coin, but other than that little tiny discount, they should pay full price for silver.
 
The place where I've sold just dumps them in a bucket and weighs them.

Joad
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom