Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no experience with that model. I had a similar one years ago that didn't work very well, the riffles were shallower than this one, and the fine gold tended to work on through.
I think its hard to beat a box with carpet for catching the fine gold.
Good Luck.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on your location and the type of gold your hoping to find and keep will depend alot on how this sluice is set up and used. ABS will last forever unless abused intentionaly or by accident. The drop riffle design should work for fine gold but water flow and volume will be a factor. It will be neccessary to classify your material down to probably 1/4" and watch the sluice in action to determine water flow and pitch to ensure it is working like it should. The price is right for begining, small and light very packable. Just gotta get it out and try it. Hunter

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the River Sluice version. I've looked for reviews online and seen some good reviews. You'll want to add a "rockbridge" to secure the sluice easier and to keep the side from bowing outwards.
I havean Angus MacKirk Foreman (drop riffle) and it works great! The only downside, if you want to call it a downside, is that you have to clean it more often than a mat/carpet type sluice. I'm getting to like the drop riffle style sluice boxes, but I'm not ready to sell off my A52 just yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread