Willie Doughits Bandit Priest Treasure Caballo Mountains

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
went there, very interesting. thanks, autofull

well , we can't now , the link went POOF again .
interesting webpage too .
NSA hacks our tech gadgets and it's fine
we hack them back , and everybody gets the Hives , where's the American Spirit Man ?

we defend and protect our rights by exposing high crimes by high officials
and we are Criminals ?
somehow , I don't think there's many americans left in america
just a thought to ponder man

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well , we can't now , the link went POOF again .
interesting webpage too .
NSA hacks our tech gadgets and it's fine
we hack them back , and everybody gets the Hives , where's the American Spirit Man ?

we defend and protect our rights by exposing high crimes by high officials
and we are Criminals ?
somehow , I don't think there's many americans left in america
just a thought to ponder man

have not been on in a few days (traveling to New Mexico).
what did I miss? did a post vanish?

TM2: there are lots of real americans like you and I left here in what used to be America, But it seems there and not any real americans in politics.

well, gotta go find willys cave.
wr

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
have not been on in a few days (traveling to New Mexico).
what did I miss? did a post vanish?

TM2: there are lots of real americans like you and I left here in what used to be America, But it seems there and not any real americans in politics.

well, gotta go find willys cave.
wr

Yeah , my laptop was hacked while I was here on this Forum .

I posted that this forums ip was identified as an attack site on this webpage below , but the post went poof

link to Anti Hackers Alliance report on 209.XXX.XX.XXX

The Anti Hacker Alliance fights against ☢ 209.99.52.80

Bobkelly

Greenie
Sep 28, 2015
Rathdrum Idaho
Detector(s) used
SSP-2100 Pulse Induction Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Hi. I'm Buster Ward. I'd like to rent that big truck from you. You see, my pal Willie and I discovered seven tons of Spanish gold bars up there in the Caballo Mountains, just south of Hot Springs. We'll be going in there in a couple days. Now, don't you tell anyone, OK? It's a big secret you know, and we don't want anyone else to know about this. Got it?"

Well I heard pretty much the same story from an old timer here in TorC. Except he said an Indian came down to the truck and gave Buster a note from Willie stating if buster goes through with it. Buster's nephew will be the first to die

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I heard pretty much the same story from an old timer here in TorC. Except he said an Indian came down to the truck and gave Buster a note from Willie stating if buster goes through with it. Buster's nephew will be the first to die

Bobkelly,

What happened was that Willie and Buster swore never to tell anyone where the cave was. Buster made a big deal of getting the trucks and it was a kind of circus. When the convoy got to where you have to turn North or South by Granite, there was a bright glint from the top of the hill. Buster believed it was from a riflescope with Willie holding the rifle. He got spooked and wouldn't go any further. At that point, most involved thought he was full of crap. They chased after whomever was on that hill, but couldn't catch him. I never heard anything about a note.

i have never found any evidence that Perrone and Reynolds ever recovered ANY bars from the cave. I think she said that to give herself some legal link should the cave ever get public. According to Willie, he waited several years after he moved to California, until he thought he had been forgotten. He grew out his hair and beard. Went to NM, snuck to the cave and pulled out a bar or two. He did that many times over they years, which is why he was able to accrue about five million by the date of his death in1998.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whiskey rat,

From Willie's own mouth, there was "about two thousand bars in the cave". I can tell you that Willie knew where the treasure cave was. Nobody ever said Spanish Bars either. There were no markings on any of them. The only question I have, is whether Doc's Second treasure cave was Willies or not. Of e real treasure bars Doc had, there were two types. From Victorio Peak, they were all dore bars of about 65% pure. After he left Ova, and WSMR screwed them out of VP, he had bars of refined gold (like Willie had). I believe from a second cave in the Caballos. Willies map shows several treasure caves in the area.

Mike

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gollum,
Welcome back. Glad you are still here.
I have in the last several months been researching the "KGC" legends.
I am becoming more convinced that Willie, Buster, Doc, Perrone, Reynolds, were involved in KGC activity.
They all may have been low level workers for the KGC involved in "resmelting" coins, stolen gold, etc into bars for the KGC effort.
The bars were then turned over to higher level KGC people to hide into the KGC vaults.
The low level workers were then given a few bars in payment and sworn to secrecy.
So they all had a few bars.
Maybe Doc and willie and buster tried to go back to the larger vaults and were dealt with accordingly.
Maybe Willie got into one of the main deposits and got away with it.
I have found some signs that support KGC stuff more than old spanish stuff.
Also, the KGC had a major effort to find the "old spanish stuff" which did exist, dig it up and resmelt it and bury it in KGC depositories.
They claim to have found 95 percent of the "old spanish vaults" and converted it to KGC vaults.
I am beginning to believe that our players, willie, buster, doc, perrone, reynolds were all involved in this.
The time frame fits perfectly.
more later.
wr

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gollum,
I am becoming more convinced that Willie, Buster, Doc, Perrone, Reynolds, were involved in KGC activity.
They all may have been low level workers for the KGC involved in "resmelting" coins, stolen gold, etc into bars for the KGC effort.
The bars were then turned over to higher level KGC people to hide into the KGC vaults.
The low level workers were then given a few bars in payment and sworn to secrecy.
Maybe Doc and willie and buster tried to go back to the larger vaults and were dealt with accordingly.
Also, the KGC had a major effort to find the "old spanish stuff" which did exist, dig it up and resmelt it and bury it in KGC depositories.
They claim to have found 95 percent of the "old spanish vaults" and converted it to KGC vaults.
I am beginning to believe that our players, willie, buster, doc, perrone, reynolds were all involved in this.
more later.
wr

Good post, rat. I'll be interested in hearing your further thoughts. I agree with what you've said here for the most part. We can't go back in history and shine the light on every detail, but as you say - "KGC" involvement underlying these legends seems quite plausible (at least according to the KGC lore that we're aware of). "Spanish treasure" is a rare commodity in North America, IMO.

It's my opinion that some of the cache legends - possibly in the Caballos - are directly linked to the "classic KGC" groups, that is, the very capable Confederate operatives who survived the Civil War, hid a lot of gold and waited for a possible second rebellion against the Union. When it finally became clear that there would not be another armed rebellion, the group reorganized and became very politically proactive about the time of the forming of the Federal Reserve. They became entrenched in big business and all levels of government, but continued to secretly hoard gold. This really accelerated in the 1930s when, as you say, they melted down large quantities of US gold coins and cached them in numerous places. Exactly why and when they'll recover it is unknown - perhaps if our economy crashes big time, they'll recover the loot and apply the Golden Rule.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum,
more later.
wr

Hey Rat,

Thanks. While anything is possible regarding Wilie and Buster, I doubt they were involved with KGC. If anything, they were buddies with the Palmer Brothers, and a bunch of other dirty characters. Remember, in Margaret Perrone's Interview, she explicitly stated she would go to her grave KNOWING that Willie Daughitt murdered Jack Reynolds.

Also, if Willie had been involved in some kind of Watcher scenario for the KGC, he would not have been kidnapped twice and tortured by folks trying to find the location of the cave. He said they strung him up by his balls to a pipe, and they hung low. HAHAHA

Mike

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Good post, rat. I'll be interested in hearing your further thoughts. I agree with what you've said here for the most part. We can't go back in history and shine the light on every detail, but as you say - "KGC" involvement underlying these legends seems quite plausible (at least according to the KGC lore that we're aware of). "Spanish treasure" is a rare commodity in North America, IMO.

It's my opinion that some of the cache legends - possibly in the Caballos - are directly linked to the "classic KGC" groups, that is, the very capable Confederate operatives who survived the Civil War, hid a lot of gold and waited for a possible second rebellion against the Union. When it finally became clear that there would not be another armed rebellion, the group reorganized and became very politically proactive about the time of the forming of the Federal Reserve. They became entrenched in big business and all levels of government, but continued to secretly hoard gold. This really accelerated in the 1930s when, as you say, they melted down large quantities of US gold coins and cached them in numerous places. Exactly why and when they'll recover it is unknown - perhaps if our economy crashes big time, they'll recover the loot and apply the Golden Rule.

Do you mean, whoever has the gold, rules? I think whoever cached the stuff is "...awaiting that day when all the faithful will arise...".

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog, I see you understand what's written on all those stones.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you mean, whoever has the gold, rules? I think whoever cached the stuff is "...awaiting that day when all the faithful will arise...".

Ha ha, yes the former. That latter interpretation is why Brewer's ghost writer never wrote his final book for him.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Rat,

Thanks. While anything is possible regarding Wilie and Buster, I doubt they were involved with KGC. If anything, they were buddies with the Palmer Brothers, and a bunch of other dirty characters. Remember, in Margaret Perrone's Interview, she explicitly stated she would go to her grave KNOWING that Willie Daughitt murdered Jack Reynolds.

Also, if Willie had been involved in some kind of Watcher scenario for the KGC, he would not have been kidnapped twice and tortured by folks trying to find the location of the cave. He said they strung him up by his balls to a pipe, and they hung low. HAHAHA

Mike

Not watcher scenario. When the "gold act" was implemented (and even before because the KGC knew what was coming) there was a big push to smelt down gold coins into "bullion". The KGC "hired" grunts (low level masons etc) to smelt the coins into bars. (which by 1930 could be relatively pure compared to dory bars). The grunts were then paid in a few gold bars, the higher level KGC operatives then took the bars in hid them in KGC vaults. The vaults were guarded for a period of time to make sure the grunts did not follow. If willie did follow or attempt to, they would torture, warn etc, if he did not go away then kill him. So all this cat and mouse stuff fits. It would explain the few bars that some had, while never being able to go back to the "main cave" , the vault" etc whatever.
I have befriended an old timer that exibits all these traits. Knows where many "vaults" are. cant recover because of spirits etc, but hints of locations. He seems to be trying to pass on info to "fix" the locations in history.
Well gotta go now.
more later
wr

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not watcher scenario. When the "gold act" was implemented (and even before because the KGC knew what was coming) there was a big push to smelt down gold coins into "bullion". The KGC "hired" grunts (low level masons etc) to smelt the coins into bars. (which by 1930 could be relatively pure compared to dory bars). The grunts were then paid in a few gold bars, the higher level KGC operatives then took the bars in hid them in KGC vaults. The vaults were guarded for a period of time to make sure the grunts did not follow. If willie did follow or attempt to, they would torture, warn etc, if he did not go away then kill him. So all this cat and mouse stuff fits. It would explain the few bars that some had, while never being able to go back to the "main cave" , the vault" etc whatever.
I have befriended an old timer that exibits all these traits. Knows where many "vaults" are. cant recover because of spirits etc, but hints of locations. He seems to be trying to pass on info to "fix" the locations in history.
Well gotta go now.
more later
wr

But, while the Gold Act only allowed a regular person to own up to five ounces of gold, it did allow ownership of coin collections. Why melt a bunch of coins they could legally possess into bullion it was illegal to own?

Mike

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
But, while the Gold Act only allowed a regular person to own up to five ounces of gold, it did allow ownership of coin collections. Why melt a bunch of coins they could legally possess into bullion it was illegal to own?

Mike

The coin collection allowance was for numismatic exceptions. They didn't know how long the specie coin ban would be in effect. Bullion was easier to turn into cash, if needed. Finding "Spanish treasure" was a possible out, hence all the new "legends" that surfaced in the 30s.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For further research on Wiille Doughits, try this site,
Ancient Lost Treasures
go to
Caballo New Mexico, Drolites Hole
86 posts total
Includeing some from a person who was a friend of his.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread