What's new

WOOOHOO! hardstone!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was having a mediocre day.. got stung by a couple bees..blah..blah.. I forgot about all that now! You just don't find these all the way down by me.

ForumRunner_20121128_161930.webp



ForumRunner_20121128_162025.webp



ForumRunner_20121128_162214.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is an incredible find. I found one several years ago in southwest Georgia but it is not nearly as good as yours. Mine had to have come from north Georgia. In what part of Florida did you find it?
 
All the way down on the south end of the Central Coast.. Basically straight east of the north end of Lake Okeechobee
 
Hard stone? Looked for hard stone in my books and the closest I could find was a celt. Is that the same thing?
 
That is a Celt... Hardstone is a general term referring to igneous rock.
That piece particular is a type of basalt.
 
Thank you for taking the time to post that.
 
Last edited:
Excellent finds. Congratulations.
 
Thank you
 
not sure how i missed this gator but that is a sweet celt,im happy for ya man.
 
Thanks Jamey it's actually an old thread
 
Im still looking for a Celt myself
 
You'll find one as much as you hunt
 
i think so too rock,where are the cedar trees round ya
 
Cool celt. They are always fun to find.
 
Definitely thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom