WoooooWhoooo got me a drill

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
I went and did me some diggin today.Found me a Dandy of a drill...
IMG_5754.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

IMG_5759.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Thanx for the kind words gang.....I love drill and such,and was super surprized to see this pop out.
Not real sure of the lithics tho,still tryin to sniff it out.The patina is makeing it a toughie...lol

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
congrats!!!!awesome piece! hey if you wanna remove some of that calcium stuff dip it in white vinegar for a few mins. i know the texas diggers do that and gently wipe with a toothbrush. i found my first drill tip the other day.

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Thanx again ya'll...
I was hopeing Early Archaic,I am trying to see if it was a point turned drill,or made to be a drill.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I saw the post, and was grumbling, 'cause that's on my wish list. Then I saw the picture and was going 'oh, nice!!' You were digging, maybe that's why it wasn't broken? It was protected? Really really nice :icon_thumleft: congrats!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful drill. I bet Matt knows that Texas material. Nice find for sure. :thumbsup:
TnMtns

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beauty.
Big drills are hard to find here.
Nice pics.

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
W0W thanx again ya'll....I still haven't put it in a frame yet..It still lives on my desk,so's I can hold it any time I want..lol....It is gonna be real hard to top my first 3 drills,First was a corner tang drill(Yeah banner..)then later a paleo looking drill(tip nic)Now this one....I will be tough to top...But dangit I am gonna keep trying...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread