HutSiteDigger
Silver Member
- Joined
- Nov 26, 2012
- Messages
- 2,854
- Reaction score
- 1,285
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Stafford,Virginia
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher 1266x and a shovel
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I found on a property along a creek where they had houses up and down the creek in the mid 17th century and found a spot I did test holes in and found a lot of ash and brick debris and a pit that i'm sure was there trash pit. At first I thought it was the 1750 house site that was on the map but come to find out that house site was more then 1000 yards from this spot and you can easily see where that old 1750 house use to be so this site I found would have been a house site from about 1660, you have to dig down at least 2-3+ feet to even get into where the house was. My question is, is it worth it?? What could there be of value if i dug out this site kinda like Archaeology style dig...?
.. I know of course any 17th century coins are one of a kind, but I'm not really a expert in mid 17th century artifacts and the type of metal,etc they used during that time period, I'm thinking if i did do a archaeology type dig I would be finding a lot of pottery/pipe stems,etc. I'm just curious of what else I can expect to find that would be valuable other then some coins if I did find any... Thanks
was trying to do some research on some spots but thanks to my ISP or whatever that didn't pay off , now I have to be up @ 5:30am to be back @ work on I-95 for this snow storm more then likely there will be accidents and stuff, yah fun times... here comes 3 hours of sleep and another 24 hour day, enjoy it guys! 







