Status
Not open for further replies.

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Where The Four Winds Blow
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps this has been hashed out before but here's the question : Would you ask permission from the government to dig with heavy equipment on a mining claim you legally own & pay fees & taxes on? I say hell no. As long as you are not doing something illegal like destroying creeks or ruining the environment why would you ask them for permission? If I had a claim I would do what I wanted on it & if anyone told me different I'd show them off the claim in no uncertain way. I'd tell them to mind their own business & leave me alone. I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time with a spade shovel if I had the resources to run equipment unless I was just in it for a hobby which is fine. No disrespect to those that just want to have a little fun as a hobby but screw that as far as I'm concerned. I'd want to rip it up & have some real fun. Why would I crawl to the government begging them for permission to mine my claim? This is America. It could take a month or more to dig down to bedrock depending on your ground & you'd kill yourself doing it. I would get an excavator & be down there in 10 minutes. That's what will get you the gold.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to stop reading peoples BS and do some research! You are acting like a mining claim is your private property, IT ISNT. A mining claim is a lease from the govt to recover minerals according their rules. You cant stop anybody from walking on "your" claim and you cant throw people off. If you dont want to follow the mining rules for the area, you will find yourself with a mountain of fines. If you ignore those fines, you will find yourself in court and/or jail.

Keep pretending to be the badass on the keyboard all you want. Until you actually become a miner all youre doing is looking foolish.

OP
OP
S

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not saying break the law or destroy property. Mine your ground responsibly. Don't ask anyone if you are allowed. Everyone has fear at some point or you aren't human. It's how you handle that fear that makes you a man. I certainly don't go around looking for trouble but if my back is to the wall I was taught to handle it. I give as much respect as i'm given & vice versa. Simple rules for life : RESPECT WOMAN , WORK HARD & PLAY HARD, NEVER BACK DOWN IF YOU THINK YOU ARE RIGHT, I AM A FREE BORN MAN.

OP
OP
S

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
Something else I looked up about mining. It says you have to notify the agencies if you think your mining activities may cause a significant disturbance. So as I read it it's up to me to decide whether to ask them anything about digging & the term "significant disturbance" is vague as hell.

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure how you would even get it in there, more of a dredging claim.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As a claim holder I agree to a extent. If you think you are going to show up with heavy equipment and do as you please your lawyer will get all your money trying to keep you out of jail. If your deposit justifies heavy equipment file your NOI and POO get everything in place and have at it. Again if you think you can do a gorilla mining operation and just thumb your nose at those that regulate public land you are headed for 3 hots and a cot. Not to mention the bad name you give to miners that play by the rules.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Question? Why would you play their claim staking game. It's public land... go for it right now.

OP
OP
S

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to go in with heavy equipment & test the ground first. If it is good mining ground which I believe it is I will stake it to have a legal claim & keep others out. That's the only reason to do it. Then if someone tries to go in there & mine they are breaking the law.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Not following the rules can lead to you losing your claim.."

Are you sure this is true?
I've not heard that before.

I stand corrected. They'll just fine you to hell and back. Any gold found
will be needed to pay the penalties. 8-)

Having a claim is one thing, but if I owned the land I might be
more inclined to break the rules. Still, the law can be like a mean dog...
..poke at it enough and you're sure to get bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread