Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She should have done nothing! It's her house, her yard.....She doesn't need to ask why anyone is there! It's hers!

I get the frustration of him trying to do the right thing. So what! He got yelled at! Whooopie!! Throw the keys in the mailbox and cry when you get home!:laughing7:

Some of you guys just want to justify trying to control someone for not acting the way "you" think they should!

She needs no "lesson"! Maybe she already learned a few already that made her that way. Her house, her space.

I'm not much of a door knocker. Very, rarely do I walk up and just knock on someones door uninvited. Family and friends are an exception and even then that's rare. So, I guess I value the privacy and space idea. Just walking up someones drive to their porch I feel like I'm invading someones area.

If I would get yelled at for whatever reason by the homeowner? I'm not sure I can blame them.

Last edited:

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why she should have asked what he was there for...so in your world there would be no penalties to teach someone a lesson?...wouldn't need any jails...you said were not on earth to teach others lessons, right?...your concept sounds good but unfortunately its not all sunshine and butterflies in our world.

Sorry I couldn't read your post through these rose colored glasses. :laughing7: Sent from my unicorn on fairytale avenue. :laughing7:

In my world lessons are taught on their own and jails are for criminals. I can understand dealing with rude people in public, but not everybody welcomes strangers on their porch with open arms. That is very understandable, especially if they are having a bad day or mid crisis. Who cares she was a little rude, just say hey lady I found your keys and move on. Like I said before, you don't strike me as the kinda guy who would be friendly and pleasant to strangers at your door. There is nothing wrong with that, not many people are. Except Mike, he sounds like he might invite you in for a beer if you were having a bad day.

I used to be the kind of guy that would hit somebody for looking at me crooked, I have been the bad guy. I have mellowed out and learned that being the good guy is much more rewarding in the end. You would be surprised how quick that rude person apologizes when they realize you are trying to help them. Life is full of guys arguing over a penny, or doing 50 in the fast lane, there is no shortage of people willing to make others life harder for their own entertainment. Being the good guy, doing the right thing, that is rare and people with morals are far and few between.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I couldn't read your post through these rose colored glasses. :laughing7: Sent from my unicorn on fairytale avenue. :laughing7:

In my world lessons are taught on their own and jails are for criminals. I can understand dealing with rude people in public, but not everybody welcomes strangers on their porch with open arms. That is very understandable, especially if they are having a bad day or mid crisis. Who cares she was a little rude, just say hey lady I found your keys and move on. Like I said before, you don't strike me as the kinda guy who would be friendly and pleasant to strangers at your door. There is nothing wrong with that, not many people are. Except Mike, he sounds like he might invite you in for a beer if you were having a bad day.

I used to be the kind of guy that would hit somebody for looking at me crooked, I have been the bad guy. I have mellowed out and learned that being the good guy is much more rewarding in the end. You would be surprised how quick that rude person apologizes when they realize you are trying to help them. Life is full of guys arguing over a penny, or doing 50 in the fast lane, there is no shortage of people willing to make others life harder for their own entertainment. Being the good guy, doing the right thing, that is rare and people with morals are far and few between.
I was thinking that some of the people that defended the womans actions had done things in the past that they weren't proud of...thanks for sharing your past.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On the flip side! I've seen some real nice, kind hearted people be ruined by life, or things because they were too nice to everyone!

I've also had friends that everyone else hates because they are A oles! Every one has a good side for the most part.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking that some of the people that defended the womans actions had done things in the past that they weren't proud of...thanks for sharing your past.

I sure have! No problem admitting it! Anyone, who says they haven't? Are liars! Or are very, very, very.............rare people! Or have little life experience with all types of people!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
ding dong.gif = stick fighting.gif

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She should have done nothing! It's her house, her yard.....She doesn't need to ask why anyone is there! It's hers!

I get the frustration of him trying to do the right thing. So what! He got yelled at! Whooopie!! Throw the keys in the mailbox and cry when you get home!:laughing7:

Some of you guys just want to justify trying to control someone for not acting the way "you" think they should!

She needs no "lesson"! Maybe she already learned a few already that made her that way. Her house, her space.

I'm not much of a door knocker. Very, rarely do I walk up and just knock on someones door uninvited. Family and friends are an exception and even then that's rare. So, I guess I value the privacy and space idea. Just walking up someones drive to their porch I feel like I'm invading someones area.

If I would get yelled at for whatever reason by the homeowner? I'm not sure I can blame them.
So what do you think about the guys that knock on doors and ask for permission to detect...you must almost pass out when you hear someone say they do that. :laughing7: So if she gets a pass for her actions, why doesn't ProduceGuy get a pass for his actions? Same excuses that you apply to her could apply to him.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure have! No problem admitting it! Anyone, who says they haven't? Are liars! Or are very, very, very.............rare people! Or have little life experience with all types of people!
I agree.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kinda shocked by some of the replies on here. I would have just knocked on the door again and explained that I had found some keys and asked if they belonged to her.

If you would have knocked on that door one more time the old lady might have shot you. It IS Texas after all.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you think about the guys that knock on doors and ask for permission to detect...you must almost pass out when you hear someone say they do that. :laughing7: So if she gets a pass for her actions, why doesn't ProduceGuy get a pass for his actions? Same excuses that you apply to her could apply to him.

I have no problem with the guys that knock on doors to detect. They might get yelled at, and should be strong enough to not get hurt feelings. If they think they need to teach the person a lesson because they were rude? Then I side with the homeowner. Same thing! I don't think produce guy was wrong for knocking on the door. Where I think people are wrong? Is with the Idea that we need to act a certain way on our own land or house! And someone is going to teach a "lesson" for it..Meaning rudeness in this case.

Produceguy gets a pass! But He was not on his own land or property! There is a huge difference to me! In my mind:icon_scratch::tongue3:! It is very different! Her space was invaded! She was angry or rude! She did not go out of her way to do this. He did! He thinks he needs to teach her for being rude by continuing to mess with her. When she really did nothing wrong to begin with. Because he thinks it was wrong? He attacks. I don't see it the same. If she started messing with him at his house for knocking on her door? That is the same. :tongue3:

Wait a min??? Who really cares! lmao Just don't cry if someones rude and go out of your way to mess with them. Suck it up and move on! lol

I'm not picking on produceguy either! I'm just answering the question from my computer! I might have done the same types of things!:laughing7: It's just for conversation!

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You better hope she doesn't find out where you live. She sounds unstable.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem with the guys that knock on doors to detect. They might get yelled at, and should be strong enough to not get hurt feelings. If they think they need to teach the person a lesson because they were rude? Then I side with the homeowner. Same thing! I don't think produce guy was wrong for knocking on the door. Where I think people are wrong? Is with the Idea that we need to act a certain way on our own land or house! And someone is going to teach a "lesson" for it..Meaning rudeness in this case.

Produceguy gets a pass! But He was not on his own land or property! There is a huge difference to me! In my mind:icon_scratch::tongue3:! It is very different! Her space was invaded! She was angry or rude! She did not go out of her way to do this. He did! He thinks he needs to teach her for being rude by continuing to mess with her. When she really did nothing wrong to begin with. Because he thinks it was wrong? He attacks. I don't see it the same. If she started messing with him at his house for knocking on her door? That is the same. :tongue3:

Wait a min??? Who really cares! lmao Just don't cry if someones rude and go out of your way to mess with them. Suck it up and move on! lol

I'm not picking on produceguy either! I'm just answering the question from my computer! I might have done the same types of things!:laughing7: It's just for conversation!
Yeah, just a conversation...remember what I said in post #100...as a final thought...I don't get mad when people knock on my door, I just see what they want...people that get mad when someone knocks on their door should have a fence and a locked gate...would save them a lot of stress.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one knocking on your door has a reason why they are there, good, bad or ugly. No one comes to your door for no reason unless they are out of their minds. It is your property you do have the right to see what they want or tell them to get the hell off your property. It is in the moment that the decision is made.
Point being, he could have been a mass murder, a heart attack victim seeking help, or there to tell her the house was on fire.
It would have been in her best interest to see what he wanted, although she didn't 't have to.

She may want to post a "no trespassing" sign.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, just a conversation...remember what I said in post #100...as a final thought...I don't get mad when people knock on my door, I just see what they want...people that get mad when someone knocks on their door should have a fence and a locked gate...would save them a lot of stress.

I agree with most of that.

When I say 'No thank you', that should be the end of it, but it's generally not.

Some people think that the more pressure they put on me, the more money I'll spend on their frozen meat or donate to their charity.

No, I don't want any magazines. No, I don't want an alarm system. No, I don't want to be saved. No, I don't want to sign your petition for (Insert cause here) No, I like the bugs on my grass. No thanks, I get my newspaper on line. No thanks, I'm okay with kids starving in Tanzania. No, you can't come in and use my bathroom. No, I'd prefer you not show me how leaky my windows are, I like the breeze. No, when I was in the school band I didn't get to go to France, I'm not giving you $25.

When a kid (read not the parent) knocks on my door to sell me a school candy bar, I'll give 'em a dollar. They are now pushing $8, so that policy will probably change.

When I say 'No thank you,' and get called a sinner-

Yeah- just wears thin after a while.

...and if someone asks to detect my yard, I'd let 'em, there's nothing left but some pull tabs and aluminum shards from the screen porch.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Noooooo!!! If you want people to knock on your door? you should have a huge welcome sign and a sign that says everyone welcome at anytime for any reason! You shouldn't have to lock people out! They should stay out unless invited! HAHAHA:laughing7:

Ohhh and make sure there is beer in your fridge! If I walk in and You have an empty fridge? I might consider that very rude!!!! :laughing7:

That's what I use to really hate! I could not go on my porch with a beer! Every clown in the neighbor hood would show up wanting to talk(because they were out of beer) or would just flat out wander up and bum one. LOL Cigs,pop,pizza..etc too!!!! Then want to use your bathroom because they were too lazy to walk across the street or to look in the house and bathroom for stuff to take. At the end of an hour or so there are 5 neighbors drinking your beer, peeing on the bathroom floor while smoking your cigs. :laughing7:
Now they are in your fridge getting food, messing up the kitchen because they are hungry! When the beers out they want to borrow your car and your money to get more!!! tools are walking off, medicine out of the bathroom etc....and your car is missing in action for hours!:laughing7:

It really wasn't that bad! But you get the idea! Some of us learned how to be rude because we had to! Some people are pushy and don't want to accept hints. So, you just make it that way for all that wander in your yard or they will take it to the next level in some neighborhoods. I would help most people any time! My space and privacy is valued at times.(yard,house,etc...)

And I don't even drink that often! But when I did? There were plenty of "friends"! :laughing7:

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any one knocking on your door has a reason why they are there, good, bad or ugly. No one comes to your door for no reason unless they are out of their minds. It is your property you do have the right to see what they want or tell them to get the hell off your property. It is in the moment that the decision is made.
Point being, he could have been a mass murder, a heart attack victim seeking help, or there to tell her the house was on fire.
It would have been in her best interest to see what he wanted, although she didn't 't have to.

She may want to post a "no trespassing" sign.

What good are they(signage)? Up here it's a $64 fine if it goes that far. See where the law is really too lax up here as some just don't respect signage.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get frustrated when I answer the door and someone is selling, I use to have sign on front door that said "no solicitation", they still ring doorbell, I would ask "can you read", point at sign and close the door. They never said anything back, but I do have several gun stickers on the door....

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is ProduceGuy? Maybe he kept going by her house setting off her alarms and had cameras set up and cuaght him riding by her house and she called the police and told them what vehicle he was driving! Anyone got an answer on his status?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread