- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,540
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I run an ad on Craigslist once in awhile to see if I can get a new lead or two for MDing older properties.
Here is a recent reply I got:
"125 year old property, 103 year old house 15 acres with tenant house foundations scattered throughout. You may hunt 1 afternoon per week Mon-Fri only. Booty split 50/50 but I get first pick."
My only glitch is that I work Mon-Fri like most people. By the time I get there, I would have about 90 minutes to detect since it gets dark so early. I was hoping that once I met the owner and hopefully gained his trust, he would let me MD on the weekends instead.
My question is.........if this were presented to you would you take it or pass? Fair deal?
Just curious.
Thanks,
MM
Here is a recent reply I got:
"125 year old property, 103 year old house 15 acres with tenant house foundations scattered throughout. You may hunt 1 afternoon per week Mon-Fri only. Booty split 50/50 but I get first pick."
My only glitch is that I work Mon-Fri like most people. By the time I get there, I would have about 90 minutes to detect since it gets dark so early. I was hoping that once I met the owner and hopefully gained his trust, he would let me MD on the weekends instead.
My question is.........if this were presented to you would you take it or pass? Fair deal?
Just curious.
Thanks,
MM
8) 


when it comes to certain kinds o'folks these days. This guy sounds like he knows he's got the goods on his land but does not want to do the work (might ruin his manicure). His attitude towards the finds and the "no weekends" thing are definitely red flags in my book. Lets say you go out there - dig some fantastic stuff - next thing you know, he's picked out the goodies and left you with "crappe" THEN he suddenly does not want you to hunt there again (I'm such an optimistic guy
).

Maybe good for the occational real nice stuff.








