What's new

WOW today!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was happy with the triangle...then...wooohoo!!

ForumRunner_20121229_184429.webp



ForumRunner_20121229_184515.webp



ForumRunner_20121229_184559.webp
 
Upvote 0
Got this too.

ForumRunner_20121229_193006.webp
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20121229_192741.webp
    ForumRunner_20121229_192741.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 109
Awesome point bill :icon_thumright: looks a little water worn....watcha callin it?
 
Putnam? Marion? Not sure.
 
Last edited:
Very nice bunch of finds.

Is there info on the back of the button? If so and you need the web site to help ID the button I can see if I still have it and email or PM it to you. Most buttons were made in Pennsylvania .
 
Thanks but I got it. It's a US military general service button. Made between 1812 til about 1820. I have a few.
 
718292d1356824741t-wow-today-forumrunner_20121229_184515.png


That would make the frame around here! Very nice - Congratulations
 
One piece pewter

ForumRunner_20121229_194556.webp
 
Never found them that old or made of pewter. You did good. Most of mine are from the 1860's although I have one older one that has quite a bit of value.
 
I love finding them
 
Nice haul!

That point is a beauty, and that button is in great shape for a pewter!

Do you put clear nail polish on the edges to protect it?

I have some from Fort Brooke that are about gone from not being protected.

I have a real stable one that I got off of a guy that is near perfect.
 
A lot of brass buttons came from waterbury, ct.


Sent from my SX-SP715A using Tapatalk 2
 
Its funny how that little button is stealing the Thunder of that big point..haha.. I have Scoville buttons from Waterbury. "Extra Rich" I've never put anything on them. Most of mine are very stable.
 
Fort Brooke! I haven't heard anyone talk about that place in a long time. I've got a few artifacts from there. I lived near Tampa, 30+ years ago and my dad dug there. We used to dig there at night when they tore down an old building. Fun days for me back then.
 
I was outside on the patio When I took the photos. Pretty bad lighting. It's not as warn as it looks in those.

ForumRunner_20121229_205809.webp
 
Um about that button.... haha just kidding. That Marion is a whooper. Anything past 3 inches (in an artifact) is big! Nice one Gator.
HH
 
Thanks! Still holding it..haha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom