What's new

Wow! What a day!

danasaur

Full Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alabama
Tallahatta quartzite axe. Southwest Alabama.
 

Attachments

  • image-68304788.webp
    image-68304788.webp
    76.3 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
Quartzite is a cool findl! Can you show us a side view? I like seeing that oyster shell effect.
 
Yeah more pics both sides and the bit. Nice looking material
 
It will probably wind up being called several different things including a hand axe... chopper... Its real nice but in the photo I don't see any place it would have been hafted ...but what I do see is percussion flakes that removed the cortex from the piece and set up a nice early stage biface
 
Im thinking it could also be a small hoe.
 
It will probably wind up being called several different things including a hand axe... chopper... Its real nice but in the photo I don't see any place it would have been hafted ...but what I do see is percussion flakes that removed the cortex from the piece and set up a nice early stage biface
Right on!
 
...and I thought mine was big....that's really nice & pretty!
 
I think it is a chopper and not a pre-form. As requested, more photos.
 

Attachments

  • image-2968690609.webp
    image-2968690609.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image-643296362.webp
    image-643296362.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 107
Any chance of seeing the bottom?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom