Xchange2 Problems

wswhiting

Nov 30, 2013
Rogue River, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my CTX 3030 about a month ago and downloaded the Xchange2 program. No problems. Went on yesterday to download a new pattern and the program shut down a few seconds later. When restarting the program I get the message "the shortcut has been moved or changed" and is no longer functional. I am using Windows 10 as my operating system. I have tried reinstalling both with the original disc and off the Minelab website with no luck.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wayne,

Did you remove the old program before the new download? Seems like it is trying to find a different location on your hard drive. I'd suggest removing the program through your control panel on the PC, reboot your pc and then download it again.

if that doesn't solve it, contact [email protected].

Wayne

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
â—„ Minelab CTX 3030
â—„ XP Deus
â—„ Minelab Equinox 800
â—„ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Win-10 is garbage! good luck.

I guess milage varies applies. i'm using windows 10 and have no issues everything works and works better then prior versions of windows....

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
â—„ Minelab CTX 3030
â—„ XP Deus
â—„ Minelab Equinox 800
â—„ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my CTX 3030 about a month ago and downloaded the Xchange2 program. No problems. Went on yesterday to download a new pattern and the program shut down a few seconds later. When restarting the program I get the message "the shortcut has been moved or changed" and is no longer functional. I am using Windows 10 as my operating system. I have tried reinstalling both with the original disc and off the Minelab website with no luck.

the Xchange2 files are stored in the following folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XChange2\

the shortcut to run xchange2 should look like this
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XChange2\XChange2.exe -d'.\' -n'mldata' -r

not sure what happened but if your not worried about any saved patterns then you can try deleting the desktop shortcut, and in file explorer you can manually delete the xchange 2 folder this will give you a clean slate for a re-install

also i dont want to lose any custom settings or gps mapped hunts so i use a batch file to launch XChange2 that backs up the data folder to my OneDrive account incase i get a new computer or need to re-install.

here is the backup file download and rename from .TXT to .BAT - it uses onedrive so if you dont have one drive change the folders to another location that you would like your data backed up to....
basicly all your backing up is the mldata file (which is the core data file for the application) and the attachemnts folder which is where your geo hunt images are stored
View attachment xchange-autobackup.txt View attachment xchange-autobackup.txt

OP
OP
wswhiting

wswhiting

Nov 30, 2013
Rogue River, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to give an update on my Xchange2 program problem. It turned out to be my virus software that was prohibiting the program from running.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted to give an update on my Xchange2 program problem. It turned out to be my virus software that was prohibiting the program from running.

Correct! For some reason avast and a few others think its a Trojan.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Windows 10 and Exchange2 has major issues for a lot of people.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH Please. My wife works in IT and it hasn't been a problem for her and she runs the datacenter for a local College and has over 150 Virtual Servers running at a time. One would have to ask maybe you can't handle Windows 10 lol.

Win-10 is garbage! good luck.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife's computer runs Win10 and fwiw, I hate it. When my Win7 dies, I'm going with Linux/Ubuntu of some variant. Am sick of so much spyware in the major op systems.

fwiw, my Win7 + Norton has never had a problem reloading or updating exChange2 unless the site itself was down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread