XP Deus 2 coil not Charging?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO I'm not really convinced this was a good design, but we live with what we have :dontknow:
You are correct in your assumption . I have broke 2charging clips. Do not try and put the charging clip on while it is cold .

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct in your assumption . I have broke 2charging clips. Do not try and put the charging clip on while it is cold .
I've not had that happen, but it can be annoying..

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably moot at this point, but I was able to charge up all the Deus II components (RC, 2 coils, WS6, WSA II-XL, MI-6) without ever pairing anything.

I'm a little foggy on this next part; can't find it ATM, but IIRC, the manual said someplace that some components needed to be charged to at least 60% (2 flashes on power-up) before either pairing or updating (I forget which) so I just figured on charging & updating everything, then check pairing and re-pair as necessary.

YMMV

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably moot at this point, but I was able to charge up all the Deus II components (RC, 2 coils, WS6, WSA II-XL, MI-6) without ever pairing anything.

I'm a little foggy on this next part; can't find it ATM, but IIRC, the manual said someplace that some components needed to be charged to at least 60% (2 flashes on power-up) before either pairing or updating (I forget which) so I just figured on charging & updating everything, then check pairing and re-pair as necessary.

YMMV
I'm with you, I don't see why you have to have anything paired to charge components of the DEUS, being paired simply means that its connected via bluetooth / wifi etc, with the other components. Your charging a battery, NOT via bluetooth or wifi...
As far as % charged for something, it's almost certainly to update the software and nothing else, this is because you don't want the batteries to go dead before the update is complete.. This has nothing to do with PAIRING as I can pair my DEUS whether I have 5% or 100% the coil and the box link up...

IPHONES are this way, you can't update software unless you have 60% or more OR your phone is plugged in.

Hope this helps

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as % charged for something, it's almost certainly to update the software and nothing else, this is because you don't want the batteries to go dead before the update is complete.. This has nothing to do with PAIRING as I can pair my DEUS whether I have 5% or 100% the coil and the box link up...
Yes, this sounds correct. My head is so full of new info :icon_study:, I'm not surprised I'm more foggy than usual. :-[

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a few Deus 2 coils. I can charge them without them being paired . Make sure the wire on the clip is pointing to the center of the coil and not the outside

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a razor knife and GENTLY shaved off a portion of the skid plate where the coil charging clip fits on, this made it much easier to put the clip on (cold or warm) as it does not have to be spread so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions