XP DEUS 2

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now what do I do? I have a Deus and love it, and primarily use the 11" LF coil. I have the 9" HF too but the 11" LF has always done well for me. I also have the Nox 800 but just never really connected with it. Been thinking about selling it and getting a CTX 3030. But now the Deus II with FMF, same light weight and slick form factor, and possibly significantly less then the CTX? But the CTX is tried and true, guess I'll need to wait and see the reviews on the Deus II.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now what do I do? I have a Deus and love it, and primarily use the 11" LF coil. I have the 9" HF too but the 11" LF has always done well for me. I also have the Nox 800 but just never really connected with it. Been thinking about selling it and getting a CTX 3030. But now the Deus II with FMF, same light weight and slick form factor, and possibly significantly less then the CTX? But the CTX is tried and true, guess I'll need to wait and see the reviews on the Deus II.
CTX is a boat anchor compared to the Deus.
But it out do it for depth.
Swingy cords were invented for the Minelabs.:laughing7:
Still have three of the things.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
1,599.00. I ordered one
That’s a little over double what I paid for my XP. I’ll stay home on that one for now. Bet It’ll be cheaper in a year. But good luck with it.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At $1,599 I'm afraid I will have to pass on this one for the foreseeable future.
I love my Equinox for many situations (beach, parks, some private properties) and I also love my Deus 1 (iron-infested old homesites), and I don't mind using both machines. Frankly it's good to have a backup/alternative.
I'll see what the reviews/comparisons/test say and show, but I suspect that they missed out on me as a customer for this detector.
And I'm concerned that Deus 1 equipment (headphones, coils) will not be compatible with the Deus 2. This hasn't been stated - XP has been silent on this topic as far as I know. (My Deus 1 has the X35 11" and the 9x5 HF coils - will they pair with the Deus 2 controller, or be completely useless with the Deus 2? The answer to that question could affect my interest level....).

- Brian
That $1500 that I stated may just be a number that the site came up with as a 'placeholder' until they get the real info from XP, so take that with a grain of salt.

Coils will most definately NOT be compatible. With the Deus, the coils ARE the detector... that's where the main processing goes on. The controller as well as the controller in the phones is just a minimal one. They have said that the pinpointer is compatible though. I suspect that the phones may not be.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you think the Deus 2 would be a "better" relic machine than the original or just have more options ? if i knew how to swim i might consider water hunting lol. but i think that is doubtful
At this point, that would simply be more speculation.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a little over double what I paid for my XP. I’ll stay home on that one for now. Bet It’ll be cheaper in a year. But good luck with it.
XP didn't reduce the cost of the original Deus, did they?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New member here. Just joined, haven't even had a chance to set up my site profile yet but this seems a perfect thread to start with.

I recently purchased my Deus, maybe a couple months ago, and have been learning the nuances. So far I'm very pleased and haven't found the learning curve to be difficult at all. Perhaps I just expected the worst based on reviews I'd read before my purchase. I'm sure the expert options will become more useful as I experiment in different fields, but at least for the moment I understand them and their purposes.

As far as the Deus 2, if I hadn't already used my machine enough to get a really good feel for what it can do, including the expert modes, I might have been upset that I hadn't waited to buy the Deus 2.

But I feel I understand the machine enough to know I don't need the added features of the new model. The most I'd ever do is wade knee deep at the beach and I have the waterproof kit for that, just to protect it should I do something stupid. And I already have a multi-frequency detector, Garrett Apex, and I often choose a single frequency instead of the multi anyway.

So no real benefit for me over the original Deus.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
XP didn't reduce the cost of the original Deus, did they?
It really depended where you buy. Big box detector stores are usually higher in price. I bought mine from a smaller one man show dealer in middle Tennessee. He only stocked 3 of the XP’s. I also bought a HF coil cheaper too. It depends on the dealer. Most smaller dealers have a little wiggle room.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It really depended where you buy. Big box detector stores are usually higher in price. I bought mine from a smaller one man show dealer in middle Tennessee. He only stocked 3 of the XP’s. I also bought a HF coil cheaper too. It depends on the dealer. Most smaller dealers have a little wiggle room.
Yes, but that is a vendor price reduction. I thought you were talking about a manufacturer's price reduction. A vendor won't be able to drop his price very much. I wouldn't wait for that, myself.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you all think?
I really like that it is waterproof. I like water hunting. to 60M?!?!?

Salt Environment, look out!

Multi frequency, nice!

Release Date?

I do have a question regarding my XP DEUS RC. It has suddenly started to turn off randomly. I re-installed V.5.21. The unit is out of warranty so I opened it up and looked at the card. There was some oxidation around the central chip. I was thinking there may have been trace current jumping from one leg to another causing this issue. I cleaned it all up, battery unplugged of course. Looks much better and the oxidation is clear after a careful look with a magnifying glass. Unit started right up, but after the first hunt, it started shutting off again. Twice I have seen the battery discharge icon, which i have never seen before, since this has started. Bad battery? This is the 2nd battery for the RC, the original would only give me a few hours hunting before it discharged. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as I kinda figured, from what I’ve gathered so far...the new FMF coil or coils are strictly Deus II coils, where the X-35 and HF coils seem to be strictly for the original Deus and ORX. If anyone knows this for sure, please let me know. I’m still interested, while my wallet say “you’ll do no such thing”

Like most, I’ll let the guys that buy it guide my decisions about it’s worth...and go from there.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't care if it takes 2 years, I'll wait for calabash to thoroughly test the machine on youtube before I pull the trigger. I'm more than happy with my current Deus. Been using one for so many years now I don't want to mess w/ the sounds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't care if it takes 2 years, I'll wait for calabash to thoroughly test the machine on youtube before I pull the trigger. I'm more than happy with my current Deus. Been using one for so many years now I don't want to mess w/ the sounds.
And if he doesn't pull the trigger?
I believe that there's a few that really can tweak the machines

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll share another thought based on an experience yesterday: If the Deus 2 will perform well in a park where I'm looking for coins (and specifically older silver coins), then maybe I'll be interested in the Deus 2.
Yesterday's experience: I took both my Deus 1 and my Equinox to a local park where I found a 1944 Walking Half earlier this week (https://www.treasurenet.com/threads...-a-walking-half-appeared.662917/#post-6837161).
I thought I'd try the Deus 1 first (I normally don't use the Deus in parks). This park has targets everywhere, so when the Deus pinged a 90 VDI I dug this first target - and it was a pulltab. The next target pinged in the mid 80's and I had a feeling it was another pulltab - and it was. But the 3rd target was a really nice 93-94, so I dug that up - and it was a piece of aluminum.
I turned around and put the Deus back in the car and grabbed my Equinox. I spent another 90 minutes detecting with the Nox and dug sixty (60) coins (no silver) - and only 4 more pieces of trash.
Maybe I need to learn the nuances of how the Deus 1 identifies trash vs. coins, but - why should I? In a park hands-down the Equinox is just so much easier to use.

So, if the Deus 2 addresses this issue and can be as accurate with identification and as easy to use in parks then maybe I'll consider it. Otherwise, the Nox is my park detector (and the Deus 1 remains my old homesite iron-infested ground detector).

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lol. no pressure. i'm in no hurry. his soils even seem to be the same as mine. his test bed could be my side yard. Anyway, i think he enjoys making the vids.
He can do the underwater world to.
No pressure. Lol

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saw in the thread just below this one where he suggested he'd be testing one. I wouldn't need it to be waterproof because I wouldn't be doing any water hunting. 100 % of my time is spent on 250 -350 year old sites. Mostly in sandy farm fields.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread