XP Deus freshwater beach programs

Kj Upton

Greenie
Feb 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to water detecting but not the Deus. I was wondering if anyone can help me with some custom programs that would be good for freshwater beach hunting. I have the water kit but find it very different in the water. The beaches here are hit but not to the extent as some of the saltwater beach?s that get clobbered everyday. They are relatively clean of junk tabs and bottle caps, mostly sand on top of clay usually 5 to 10 inches of sand.

Any help would be great
Thanks

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if you have tried the GOLD FIELD program. I use some IAR to break up some of the shallow iron. Listen for the Zip Zip sound. When I learned I would try to work for one hour each time I went out. This is a super deep program. Some sand is mineralized and the regular programs might not be able to handle it. You've probably heard the crackling sound slike popcorn popping. The GOLD FIELD program really cuts through that stuff.

Here is a tuning video on the DPR 600 which is the same GOLD FIELD program minus a couple features.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kj Upton

Greenie
Feb 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Signal line

I did try the Gold Field program and yes it’s very deep, sometimes too deep into the concrete like clay I have in this region. Nothing like spending 20 minutes digging out a crushed soda can LOL. I normally use the Hot program with iron notched out to below 30.

I am wondering what others use? Seems like not too many people use the Deus for actual water hunting? I am using the 9” round HF in the water now as I found the 9” X35 wasn’t able to find Silver for some reason in the water, I guess more of a wrap around effect mixing silver into the very top of the Deus’s upper range with that coil

My Buddy uses his Nox but is always afraid to drown it so that’s not what I want to deal with.

I guess I am looking for others that hunt in fresh water to hear there experiences aside from the Minnesota Beach Boys LOL

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be so quick to write off the GOLD FIELD program. What I do is cross check the deep targets with another program to see if I can detect it. If not many times I do not dig--places like city parks, lawns, or in your case hard ground. But you can detect many of the deep "borderline" targets that would probably be missed with another program, past the discrimination depth. Hot area, gotta dig more. Sounds like you could use a better digging tool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread